Coleslaw is a fresh, crunchy and creamy salad with lots of flavor that can be prepared in less than 10 minutes and served as a topping for your sliders, sandwiches or tacos, as a side with wings or even along with french fries.
I tried coleslaw for the first time in USA at fast food places such as KFC, Buffalo Wild Wings etc. Coleslaw is generally on the sweeter side with little bit of tanginess from the vinegar, so when consumed with spicy chicken wings as it not only calms your palate but also refreshes it so that you can try new chicken wing flavors I also love to top coleslaw on my sandwiches and sliders as it enhances the flavor and takes it to the next level. The seasonings used here complement each other and the cabbage.
Coleslaw tastes the best when served chill. So prepare and keep in refrigerator at least 2 hours before serving.
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Serves – 4
Ingredients for Coleslaw
Cabbage shredded – 3 cups
Baby carrot julienned – 10
Celery finely chopped – 2 sticks
Mayonnaise – 1/2 cup
Apple cider vinegar – 2 tbsp
Yogurt – 2 tbsp
Sugar – 1 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Black pepper powder – to taste
Cilantro / Coriander leaves – 2 strands
Spring onions chopped – 2
Steps to prepare Coleslaw
- In a large bowl, add shredded cabbage, julienned carrot, chopped celery, cilantro, and spring onions.
- In a medium bowl whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, yogurt, sugar, salt and pepper and add it to the cabbage mixture.
- Mix well to combine.
- Cover this coleslaw with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Toss again before serving.
- Add in more of dressing if desired.
- You can use sour cream instead of yogurt.
- If you like it spicy you can add 1 tsp of Sriracha / hot sauce or 1/2 tsp of Cayenne powder.
***Click below to save it on Pinterest***