Honey Chilli Potatoes is a irresistible sweet and spicy appetizer where the crispy golden potatoes are glazed with honey chilli sauce. This is definitely worth try!
Prepare it in large amount because I am sure your family is going to love it and crave for more and more. One of the best starter for cocktail / mocktail party or any type of gathering.
Preparation time : 20 minutes
Serves : 2
Ingredients for Honey Chilli Potatoes
Potato crinkle cut fries – 150 to 170g ( You can cut the potatoes lengthwise and use it for the recipe.)
Onion chopped – 1
Ginger grated – 1 inch
Garlic cloves chopped – 3
Soya sauce – 1 tsp
Worcestershire sauce – 1 tsp
Sriracha hot chili sauce – 3 tbsp
Honey – 2 tbsp
Garlic salt/salt to taste
Vegetable oil – 3 tsp for sauce and oil for frying potatoes.
Spring onions – for garnish
Steps to prepare Honey Chilli Potatoes
- Heat oil in pan. See that atleast 40 % of pan is covered with oil.
- Once the oil is hot add the potatoes and fry them for 3-5 minutes till they are crisp and golden in color. Transfer it to paper towel to drain excess oil and keep it aside.
- Heat 3 tsp of oil in another pan. Add onion, ginger, garlic cloves and saute till translucent.
- Add salt, soya sauce, worcestershire sauce, sriracha chili sauce, honey and mix everything well.
- Honey chili potatoes are done. When you are ready to eat just mix the sauce prepared with fried potatoes, garnish it with spring onions. Serve hot and enjoy.
- Mix the fried potatoes with the sauce prepared only when you are ready to eat as this dish tastes best when its served hot and fresh.
- I have used the krogger crinkle cut fries.You can cut the potatoes lengthwise or to any desired shape and coat it with corn flour / maida even before frying and use it in the recipe.
Click here for stepwise video recipe