Indo Chinese Fried Rice or Vegetable Fried Rice is a quick and easy to make, flavorful rice recipe prepared using vegetables of your choice in less than 30 minutes. This is vegan and gluten free. If you have left over rice, this recipe can be prepared in less than 10 minutes.
Indo Chinese is one of my favorite cuisine and whenever we visit India, we make sure that we order Indo-Chinese delicacies atleast once or twice during our stay. One item that is always fixed as the main dish is this vegetable fried rice along with other starters like spring rolls, honey chili potatoes, gobi chilli.
I prefer using jasmine rice to prepare rice recipes as I love the aroma of this rice. You can even use basmati rice, or other long grain rice of your choice. To avoid breaking of the rice, do not over cook the rice and also allow it to cool down completely before you mix it with vegetables and sauce.
I prepare this rice often with different vegetables available in my pantry. You can also add baby corn, paneer / tofu. Non-vegetarians can also add any meat of their choice or even shrimp to this recipe. The two main two ingredients that you should not miss while preparing Indo-Chinese rice recipe are green/spring onions and soy sauce. Addition of celery add wonderful aroma and crunch.
Whenever I have left over rice, I end up preparing this rice dish. You really don’t need any measurements. Vary the ingredients as per your taste. This is a no fuss recipe. My family even loves to take this as a lunch-box dish. You can serve this rice alone or with sides such as honey chili potatoes, gobi chilli, or something as simple as tomato ketchup and chili vinegar.
Preparation time : 30 minutes
Serves : 2 to 3
Ingredients for Indo Chinese Fried Rice
Raw rice – 1 cup
Olive oil / Vegetable oil -1 tbsp
Onions finely chopped / julienne – 1
Garlic cloves chopped- 3
Ginger grated – 1 tsp
Celery chopped – 1
Carrot finely chopped / julienne – 1
Capsicum finely chopped / julienne- 1
Green beans finely chopped / julienne – 5
Spring onions chopped – 3
Frozen green peas – 1/2 cup
Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Vinegar – 1/2 tsp
Soy sauce – 2 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Steps to prepare Indo Chinese Fried Rice
- Wash the rice and cook it according to the package instructions. Use any rice of your choice. Basmati or jasmine rice tastes the best.
- Allow this rice to cool completely.
- If using left over rice, ignore the step I.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add onions, garlic, ginger and stir-fry them for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add celery and continue stir frying for another 1 minute.
- Next add carrot, capsicum, green beans, spring onion, green peas and any other vegetables (broccoli, mushroom, baby corn, cabbage) and stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add black pepper powder, vinegar, soy sauce, salt to taste and stir for a minute.
- Finally add in the cooked rice and toss till everything is combined.
- Indo-Chinese Fried Rice is now ready. Serve hot and enjoy.
***Click below to save it on Pinterest***