Vegan Apple Dates Bread is a soft and moist, super delicious bread recipe that uses simple ingredients and is easy to prepare.
This bread is for all my readers who have requested me to post eggless bread recipes. The fresh homemade diced apple sauce not only enhances the flavor but also makes it moist. The combined natural sweetness of the dates, apples and coconut milk makes this bread a standout over any store bought bread. I have added cashews, almonds, and raisins to the bread recipe, as I love the unique texture and crunchiness they provide to the bread. This bread pairs well with hot coffee/tea/milk, but can also be served as a dessert.
For non-vegan version you can substitute coconut milk with whole milk, and vegetable oil with butter. Rest of the recipe remains the same. Also try eggless dates cake.
Preparation time : 1 hour 30 minutes
Serves : one square cake or 2 mini loaves
Ingredients for Vegan Apple Dates Bread
Dates – 25
Apples – 3
Coconut Milk / Almond Milk – 1 1/2 cup
All purpose flour – 1 1/2 cup
Baking soda – 1 1/2 tsp
Sugar – 1 cup
Vegetable oil – 4 tbsp
Almonds chopped – 1 tbsp
Cashews chopped – 1 tbsp
Raisins – 1 tbsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Steps to prepare Vegan Apple Dates Bread
- Wash and peel the apples and finely chop them.
- In a non-stick pan on medium flame, add the chopped apples, 1/2 cup of sugar, sprinkle some water and cover to cook for about 15 to 10 minutes or until the apples are soft.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- In a blender, blend together dates and coconut milk (almond milk ) to form a thick and smooth paste. Transfer this to a big bowl.
- To the same bowl, add all purpose flour, salt, baking soda, vegetable oil and remaining 1/2 cup of sugar and mix once.
- Then add chopped almonds, cashews, raisins and the prepared apple sauce and mix till its combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter onto a greased baking pan and bake for about 30 – 40 minutes or until a knife inserted into the bread comes out clean.
- Let the bread rest for atleast 5 to 10 minutes before inverting it to a serving platter. Let it cool down completely before you slice it.
- Vegan Apple Dates Bread is now ready. Serve and enjoy.
- The color of the bread may vary depending on the dates used.
- You can substitute coconut milk with any diary free milk.
- For non-vegan version you can substitute coconut milk with whole milk, and vegetable oil with butter.
- I have used seedless dates in this recipe. You can also reduce the amount of sugar depending on the sweetness of the dates and apples.
- Use any baking pan of desired shape.