Drunken Spaghetti is a Thai style pasta recipe prepared using fresh basil leaves, chillis, garlic, sauces and vegetables of your choice. I love Thai food and always love to try out different variations in my kitchen. Here is my simple twist to the regular spaghetti pasta. Do try this out and share your comments and variations.
Preparation time : 30 minutes
Serves : 2
Ingredients for Drunken Spaghetti
Thin Spaghetti Pasta - 250 g
Small Green chillis - 4
Ginger piece - 1 inch
Garlic cloves - 5
Dry Red Chilli - 2
Celery chopped - 1
Mushroom chopped - 4 oz
Tofu chopped - 100 g
Carrot chopped -1
Capsicum chopped - ⅓
Cabbage chopped - 1 cup
Jalapeno chopped - 1
Fresh Basil leaves - ½ cup
Vegetable Oil - 2 tbsp
Brown sugar - 2 tsp
Soya Sauce - 1 tbsp
Worcestershire Sauce - 1 tbsp
Sriracha Hot Chilli sauce - 1 tbsp
Tomato ketchup - 2 tbsp
Coriander leaves chopped - 1 tbsp
Spring Onions chopped - 2
Steps to prepare Drunken Spaghetti
- Boil the spaghetti pasta according to the package instructions. keep half cup of pasta water while draining.
- Mince green chilli, garlic, ginger and dry red chilli in food processor.
- Heat oil in add. add minced ingredients, tofu, mushroom and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the brown sugar, soya sauce, worcestershire sauce, sriracha chilli sauce, tomato ketchup and saute for minute.
- Then add the capsicum, carrot, celery, jalapeno, cabbage and saute till all the vegetables are cooked and crisp.
- Now add the pasta water, cooked spaghetti, salt if required and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add basil leaves, coriander leaves, spring onions and mix well. Switch off the flame.
- Drunken Spaghetti is now ready. Serve hot with chilli vinegar and tomato ketchup and enjoy
- Use vegetables of your choice.
- Vary amount of green chillis and spices as per your taste.