Fettuccine in Homemade Sauce is a quick, easy and delicious pasta recipe where the fettuccine is tossed in fresh homemade tomato garlic sauce. The addition of the fresh basil makes it more flavorful and jalapeno adds little spiciness to the pasta.
I always have stock of pasta and canned beans in my kitchen. The reason is you can always prepare a filling and quicker dish using this for lunch / dinner even on the days when you have not planned anything. I have used Barilla Fettuccine for my recipe.
Preparation time : 20 minutes
Serves : 2
Ingredients for Fettuccine In Homemade Sauce
Fettuccine - 250 g (8 oz)
Olive Oil - 1 ½ tbsp
Black Pepper powder - ¼ tsp
Red Pepper flakes - ½ tsp
Roasted peanuts chopped - 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
For the sauce
Tomato - 2
Jalapeno - 1
Garlic cloves - 5
Fresh Basil leaves - 6
Water - 1 cup
Steps to prepare Fettuccine In Homemade Sauce
- Cook the Fettuccine pasta according to the package instructions and keep it aside. You can also add teaspoon of oil while cooking the pasta.
- Meanwhile, grind the ingredients mentioned in 'For the sauce' to form smooth paste.
- Heat oil in pan. add the red pepper flakes, peanuts and saute for few seconds.
- Add the ground paste, pepper powder, salt to taste and bring it to nice boil.
- Now add the cooked fettuccine and toss till everything is combined.
- Fettuccine in Homemade Sauce is ready. Serve hot and enjoy.