Guacamole is simple and easy to make, fresh and flavorful, chunky and creamy dip or spread prepared using very basic ingredients in less than 5 minutes.
This guacamole dip can be served with chips, fajitas, tacos, burritos, sandwiches or even bread toast.
Everyone has their own version of making this simple recipe and this is mine!
I did not know what avocado was until I came to the USA. The first time my husband made me try guacamole dip was at Chipotle. Ever since this fruit has been a frequent item on my grocery shopping list. Plus, whenever I visit any Mexican restaurant I make sure this is the first item I order 🙂
My favorite recipe using avocado is this simple guacamole dip recipe. I love to have this while watching movies, games or weekend parties.
Are you excited for the upcoming Super Bowl. I am excited about the game as well as the food that we are going to prepare!! The recipes listed below are some of my family's favorites while watching the game 🙂
- 80 + super bowl party food ideas
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Quick and Easy Game Day Sliders
- Bianca Pizza
- Tandoori Chicken WIngs
- Spicy Sriracha Chicken Wings
What is your favorite recipe for a game night gathering?
Ingredients for Guacamole
4 Avocado, pitted and halved
1 Red onion finely chopped
3 Tomatoes finely chopped
¼ cup Cilantro / Coriander leaves chopped
1 Jalapeno chopped (or ½ teaspoon cayenne powder, optional)
1 teaspoon Garlic powder
1 ½ to 2 tablespoon Lime juice
Salt to taste
How to make the best & easy guacamole recipe at home?
To prepare Guacamole, first, make sure the avocados are ripe. Second, there should be the perfect balance between onions, tomatoes, cilantro, jalapeno, and garlic.
Do not over-mash the avocados. Let there be few chunks here and there. This ensures that your dip is both chunky and creamy.
In a large bowl, add avocados and mash lightly using fork. Drizzle lime juice. To this add onions, tomatoes, cilantro, garlic powder, salt and toss till combined and you are done. I have added jalapeno (serrano). You can even skip this and add cayenne powder or completely ignore if you do not like the spicy version.
How to keep guacamole from turning brown?
I love guacamole dip when it's done and served fresh. But if you are preparing it ahead of time make sure you add a little extra lemon juice or cover it with plastic wrap and place it in the fridge. This will avoid it from turning brown.
How long does guacamole last?
Once prepared right, you can keep this in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
Love recipes with avocado? Check this out
Detailed Recipe for the Best Easy Guacamole
BEST GUACAMOLE DIP | SIMPLE & EASY HOMEMADE GUACAMOLE RECIPE
- 4 Avocado, pitted and halved
- 1 Red onion finely chopped
- 3 Tomatoes finely chopped
- ¼ cup Cilantro / Coriander leaves chopped
- 1 Jalapeno chopped (or ½ teaspoon cayenne powder, optional)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 ½ to 2 tablespoon Lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Place the pulp from avocados in a bowl and mash it lightly using a fork. Don't mash completely. Let their be few chunks too.
- Add onions. tomatoes, cilantro, jalapeno, garlic powder, lime juice and salt, mix well till everything is combined.
- Guacamole is ready. Serve immediately or keep it in refrigerator till you are ready to serve.
- To avoid it from turning brown, cover the bowl with plastic wrap so no air goes into it.
- Depending on your taste, mash the avocados or keep the chunks.
***Click below to save it on Pinterest***