Mushroom Cheddar Parmesan Muffins are quick and easy to make, mouth watering and flavorful muffins that can be served alone or with soup or for any type of gathering.
This muffins will disappear in matter of seconds once its ready and served. So do not forget to reserve one for you!! I have used basil, garlic, jalapeno along with mushroom and cheese and this enhances the flavor. The aroma that gets filled in your kitchen is just amazing.
Preparation time : 35 minutes
Serves : 8 muffins
Ingredients for Mushroom Cheddar Parmesan Muffins
Mushroom - 5 oz
Garlic cloves - 3
Jalapeno - 1
Butter - 2 tbsp
Dried basil leaves - ¾ tsp
Fresh Basil leaves - 6
Egg - 1
Olive oil - 3 tbsp
Milk - ½ cup
All purpose flour - 11/2 cup
Baking powder - 1 ½ tsp
Parmesan grated - ⅓ cup
Cheddar grated - ⅓ cup + more for topping
Garlic salt - 1 tsp
Steps to prepare Mushroom Cheddar Parmesan Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Line your muffin tin with paper muffin cups or just grease it with butter or oil.
- Wash and chop the mushrooms, garlic, jalapeno, basil leaves.
- Add butter, mushroom, garlic, jalapeno in a non-stick pan and saute till they become brown in color. Then add the dried and fresh basil leaves, mix well and keep it aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg with olive oil and milk.
- In big bowl add all purpose flour, grated parmesan, cheddar, baking powder, salt and mix well.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry ingredients and mix using the wooden spoon till they are just moist.
- Now add the sauteed ingredients to this and toss till everything is just combined.
- Spread the batter evenly into the muffin tray. Top it with cheddar and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until its done. (toothpick or knife inserted comes out clean)
- Allow it cool down. If you want to click pictures do it at this point. Its will disappear in no time 🙂
- Mushroom Cheddar Parmesan Muffins are now ready. Serve and enjoy.
- I have used both fresh and dried basil leaves. You can add any one of those.
- You can substitute garlic salt with regular salt and just reduce it to half teaspoon because I have used garlic salt coarsely ground with parsley.