Pumpkin Pancake or Pumpkin Dosa is a vegan, quick and easy, tasty recipe prepared using wheat flour, pumpkin and rice flour. This is another perfect way to enjoy the flavor of pumpkin this fall season.
This dosa / pancake requires no fermentation. So its ready to serve in 10 minutes.Yeah 🙂 You can serve this alone or with butter / honey or even with any curry or chutney /dip of your choice. If you are a sweet lover then feel free to add sugar / jaggery as per your taste to the batter.
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Serves : 3
Ingredients for Pumpkin Pancake
Grated Pumpkin - ¾ cup
Wheat flour - 1 cup
Rice flour - ½ cup
Semolina / sooji - 2 tbsp
Salt - 1 tsp
Sugar - ½ tsp
Warm water - 1 ½ to 2 cups
Vegetable oil / Butter - for cooking the pancake / dosas
Steps to prepare Pumpkin Pancake
- Add all the ingredients mentioned above to form a pancake / dosa batter. Mix well so that there are no lumps.
- Heat the non-stick pan or tava. Once the tava is hot, pour the laddle full of batter and spread to form medium thick circles.
- Drizzle the butter or vegetable oil and cover it with lid. Cook in medium high flame.
- Once its cooked flip and cook it on the other side till its golden in color. Drizzle some more butter or vegetable oil once you flip.
- Repeat the process for the remaining batter.
- Pumpkin Pancake is ready. Serve hot and enjoy.
- I love the small size pancakes. So I add 3 pancakes at a time in the pan. You can always take one big pancake at a time or of any desired size.