Cool time : 2 hours
Serves: 8 – 12
Ingredients for Salted Caramel Cheesecake
Salted Caramel Premium Cheesecake Mix – 1 box
Butter – 3 Tbsp
Cream cheese – 16 oz (or two 8 oz boxes)
Milk – 1/4 cup
Eggs – 3
Roasted nuts – 1/2 cup
Melted chocolate – 1/4 cup
Steps to prepare Salted Caramel Cheesecake
- Heat oven to 275 F. Thoroughly grease a 8-inch round pan and keep it aside. I used a spring form pan, but you may also use a regular cake pan.
- Melt butter in a nonstick skillet on medium heat. Remove the skillet from heat and empty the pouch containing Graham cracker crust mix into it and combine well. Transfer this to the greased spring form pan, gently pressing the mix to cover the bottom and halfway up the sides of the pan.
- In a large bowl add room temperature cream cheese and the contents from the pouch containing the filling mix. Then using a electric mixer cream them together until fluffy. Then, scrape the bowl and add milk. However, at this point I followed the Chef’s tips and I substituted milk with 2 Tbsp of heavy cream and 3 Tbsp of sour cream. Next, beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Scrape the bowl and add eggs, and continue to mix on low speed until the eggs are well incorporated.
- Gently pour this filling onto the prepared crust. Bake for 45-49 minutes or until the center has a slight jiggle. Do not over bake, as the cheesecake will firm up on cooling.
- Remove from the oven and cool to room temperature.
- After the cheesecake has cooled to room temperature, run a knife along the edge of the pan to loosen the cheesecake, and then transfer the cheesecake to refrigerator to chill completely.
- Few minutes before serving, place the pouch containing salted caramel into a bowl containing hot water. After letting it sit for about 5 minutes, open the pouch and pour the softened salted caramel topping over the cheesecake. Use the back of a large spoon or spatula to spread the caramel.
- Now spread chopped roasted nuts of your choice over the caramel topping, and drizzle some premium melted chocolate over it. Return the cheesecake to the refrigerator to chill until you are ready to serve. Enjoy!
***Click below to save it on Pinterest***