Banana Mango Halwa or fudge is very delicious sweet/dessert recipe prepared using butter, sugar and dry fruits. This is so tasty that you will crave for more and more. There are n variations to it. They can also be prepared using flour like wheat/semolina. But I have not used any flour in my recipe. I have tried to keep it very simple, healthy and it tastes really awesome. Do give it a try. This is also called haluo in konkani.
Preparation time : 40 minutes
Serves : 8 halwa pieces
Ingredients for Banana Mango Halwa
Riped Banana chopped- 3
Mango chopped - 1 cup
Sugar - ¼ cup
Broken Cashew - 1 tbsp
Almonds chopped - 1 tbsp
Raisins - 1 tbsp
Cardamom Powder - ⅛ tsp
Butter - 2 to 3 tbsp
Steps to Prepare Banana Mango Halwa
- In a non stick pan, add the butter, mashed banana and mango and stir for 2 to 3 minutes
- Now add the sugar and the dry fruits and stir well. keep on stirring frequently in medium flame for about 20 to 30 minutes. You will notice that the butter separates and the halwa starts changing the color to golden brown. Switch off the flame.
- Grease plate with butter and transfer the halwa and level it using flat ladle. allow it to cool down.
- Using knife make squares out of these halwa and separate them carefully.
- Banana Mango Halwa is now ready. Serve with cup of milk and enjoy.