Chinese Almond Cookies are crumbly, delicious with full of flavor and one of the best holiday cookies. I must say a great way to celebrate Christmas 🙂
This is of the easiest cookie that you can prepare and is irresistible. So make sure you reserve some before serving as this will disappear in no time 🙂 This cookie has become my family's favorite and I am going to bake this again soon!
Almonds are used only for decorating purpose in these cookies. For more details on the name and history of this cookie you can check here.
Preparation time : 30 minutes + 1 hour refrigerate
Serves : 12 cookies
Ingredients for Chinese Almond Cookies
Butter - ⅓ cup ( unsalted, at room temperature)
Sugar - ⅓ cup
Baking soda - ½ tsp
Salt - ½ tsp
Egg - 1
Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
Almond extract - 1 - 2 drops
All purpose flour - 1 cup
Sliced Almonds - 2 tbsp
Steps to prepare Chinese Almond Cookies
- Add butter, sugar, salt and baking soda in large mixing bowl. Mix well till the butter becomes lighter.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla extract, almond extract and mix till its well combined with the butter.
- Add all purpose flour and mix.
- Bring everything together using hand to form a ball. Cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes - 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degree F.
- Grease the baking sheet with butter. Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and place it atleast 2 inches apart.
- Using a fork flatten it and sprinkle the sliced almonds or even whole almonds just at center.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes till the edges and the bottom of cookies becomes light brown in color. Allow it to cool down for 5 minutes.
- Chinese Almond Cookies are now ready. Serve and enjoy!
Also check out other cookie recipes for this holiday / christmas:
- Nankhatai / Melt in mouth cookies
- Chocolate chip cookie with nutella
- Triple chocolate chip cookies
- Double chocolate raspberry cookies