Coriander Rice or Cilantro Rice is a easy to make vegan rice recipe prepared using aromatic spices and vegetables of your choice in less than 30 minutes.
This Sunday was very lazy one. I really had no mood to do anything. Even the weather was dull and cloudy. But I am not a take out person. On such days, I prefer preparing rice or pasta dishes as it is not only easy to make, but with one dish you can manage your entire lunch or dinner. When preparing my rice recipes, I use those spices and vegetables that are available in my pantry and sometimes I even add the left over rice. This is a no fuss recipe. You will not only have a delicious meal on your plate, also easy meals means easy clean up. So I can enjoy the rest of the time relaxing again 🙂
What do you guys prepare on a lazy day or when you want to take a time out from the kitchen? Do drop in a few lines, I would love to hear your thoughts.
Preparation time : 30 minutes
Serves : 3
Ingredients for Coriander Rice
Rice - 1 ½ cup
Cloves - 2
Cardamom seeds - 2
Bay leaf - 1
Vegetable oil - 1 tablespoon + 1 tbsp
Onion chopped - 1
Ginger chopped - 1
Garlic cloves chopped - 5
Green chilies chopped - 2
Cilantro / Coriander leaves - ¾ cup
Mint leaves - 10 to 12
Water - ¾ cup
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Carrot chopped - 1
Capsicum / Green bell pepper chopped - ½
Green beans chopped - 6
Frozen green peas - ¼ cup
Red chile powder - ½ tsp
Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
Lemon juice - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
Steps to prepare Coriander Rice
- Cook the rice according to the package instructions and keep this aside.
- You can use any rice of your choice. Left over rice can also be used in the recipe.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in pan. Add cloves, cardamom, bay leaves and saute for few seconds.
- Add in onion, ginger, garlic, green chilies, pinch of salt and saute till onion becomes translucent.
- Blend this sauteed ingredient along with fresh coriander leaves, mint leaves, water to form a smooth paste.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in the same pan. add cumin seeds and saute for few seconds.
- Now add in carrot, capsicum, green beans, frozen peas and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add in the paste prepared, red chile powder, turmeric powder, lemon juice, salt to taste and cook for another 3 minutes or till it comes to boil.
- To this add the cooked rice and toss till everything is combined.
- Coriander rice is now ready. Serve hot with tomato ketchup or salad and enjoy.
- Vary the amount of spices as per your taste.
- Use any vegetables of your choice.
- You can also substitute coriander with parsley and prepare parsley rice.
- You can also add in dry fruits and nuts if desired.
- I have used jasmine rice for this recipe.
- This can be served alone or with tomato ketchup or any salad, gravy of your choice.
*Click below to save it on Pinterest*