No Bake Cereal Bars are delicious and colorful treats prepared using fruit loop cereals, peanut butter, and marshmallows. This recipe can be done using only five ingredients in less than 10 minutes.
Are you looking for some fun and colorful Halloween treats to make with your kids this year? These are the perfect sweet treat for kids this Halloween.
This recipe below is very flexible. You can even use cheerios and rice Krispie instead of fruit loops or combine all the three. I love cereal, and I generally avoid bringing home these kinds of yummy breakfast-cereals as I keep munching on them as a snack. I also use them as a crunchy-topping with yogurts and ice-creams.
These bars are so easy to make, kids can also help you with measuring the ingredients, adding their favorite color loops, and cutting the marshmallows if you are using a jumbo-marshmallow like the one I did.
To make this extra special, you can also add dry fruits and nuts, chocolate chips, and M&M's. You can also make it look fancier by drizzling some melted chocolate on top.
All you have to do is melt the butter first. I have used a non-stick pan and silicon spatula to work with this. It makes your task easy and no mess. Once the butter has melted, add the marshmallows and melt on medium low heat till it becomes smooth.
Next, add a pinch of salt and vanilla extract. You can add any of your favorite flavorings at this point. Once you switch off the flame, you will have to work fast as it will be sticky and thickens as it cools down. Add the peanut butter and stir. Finally, add the fruit loops, and any other ingredients like M&M's at this point and mix till its coated.
Transfer this to parchment-paper-lined or greased pan and using a silicon spatula press it so that its spread evenly. If you are using any other spatula, make sure you oil it with cooking spray to avoid any sticking. Allow it to cool down completely and set before you slice. And you are done. Simple yet so easy, colorful, and delicious!!!
No Bake Cereal Bars
- 3 tablespoon Butter salted butter also tastes good
- 10 Jumbo Marshmallows tightly packed 3 cups
- 1 ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt a pinch, optional
- 4 tablespoon Peanut butter
- 4 cups Fruit Loops
- Cut the marshmallows using sharp kitchen scissors if you are using jumbo marshmallows. If you are using small or mini ones, then ignore this step.10 Jumbo Marshmallows
- In a large pan or pot melt the butter. Then add the marshmallows and melt it on medium-low heat until it is entirely smooth. To this add salt and vanilla extract. Switch off the flame.3 tablespoon Butter, 10 Jumbo Marshmallows, ⅛ teaspoon Salt, 1 ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Add in the peanut butter and mix. Then add the fruit loops, and combine till its coated. The mixture will be sticky and thickens as it cools down. So be quick.4 tablespoon Peanut butter, 4 cups Fruit Loops
- Transfer this mixture to a 9 inch by 9 inch baking pan lined with parchment paper or greased with butter. Spread the mixture, with silicon spatula or a spatula that is sprayed with some oil. Applying oil or using a silicon spatula will prevent the mixture from sticking
- Let it cool completely.
- No Bake cereal bars is ready. Slice into squares, serve and enjoy.
***Click below to save it on Pinterest***