Baked Sweet Potato Fries is a healthy and irresistible, incredibly delicious accompaniment for any type of gathering. Its crispy, sweet, salty and spicy - all in one 🙂
Sweet Potatoes are good source of nutrients (mainly vitamin A), fiber and also regulate blood sugar. They are also low in calorie and therefore a good alternative to french fries. So if you are on a diet or a weight watcher do try out guilt free recipe given below.
I have tried both fried and baked version. My family loves the baked version more. You will enjoy the natural sweetness of the potatoes in this baked version. I have topped few fries with parmesan reggiano and served the rest with tomato ketchup. You can add any seasonings of your choice.
Preparation time : 30 minutes
Serves : 5
Ingredients for Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Large Sweet Potato - 1
Olive oil / Vegetable oil - 2 tbsp
Cayenne powder / Red chile powder - to taste
Salt - to taste
Steps to prepare Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Preheat the oven to 450 degree F.
- I have washed the sweet potato and not peeled it. (Its your choice to peel or not )
- Cut them into 3 inches long and ¼ inch wide slices.
- Transfer it to a bowl and toss with olive oil or vegetable oil so that its coated.
- Sprinkle salt and cayenne powder / red chile powder as per your taste.
- Spread the sweet potatoes on a baking pan in one single layer. Do not overcrowd the pan.
- Bake it for about 20 minutes until till they are crisp or till you obtain the desired color and crispiness. Turn them occasionally while baking.
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries are now ready. Serve hot with tomato ketchup and enjoy. Garnish it with cheese if desired.
- You can also sprinkle any one of these : cajun seasoning, pepper powder, garlic salt, red pepper flakes if desired.
Such a delicious and healthy snack. Looks perfect. Love that it is baked and not fried 🙂
Thank you Revathi 🙂