Jeera Rice is very popular and easy to prepare Indian Rice recipe unlike Biryani or other Rice recipes. This is perfect accompaniment with all the dishes. Today I have prepared this Rice and served with popular Dum Aloo. Just few ingredients and this flavorful rice is done.You can use Basmathi Rice/ Jasmine Rice. I love aroma of Jasmine rice alot. So use it more frequently.
Preparation time : 20 minutes
Serves : 2
Ingredients for Jeera Rice
Jasmine Rice - 1 cup
Water - 1 ½ cup
Cumin Seeds - 2 tsp
Onion Chopped - 1
Coriander Leaves - For Garnish
Vegetable Oil /Butter - 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Steps to prepare Jeera Rice
- Wash the rice and keep it aside.
- Heat butter/Oil in cooker ( I have used pressure cooker without whistle for this recipe)
- Add cumin seeds and the chopped onions and saute till onion becomes translucent.
- Now add rice, water, salt to taste. mix well. cover the cooker without whistle. Once steam starts escaping switch the flame to medium and cook for about 12 to 15 minutes leaving it undisturbed.
- Jeera Rice is now ready. Serve it with your favorite dish and enjoy.
Deepa -Veg Indian Cooking
Wow..it looks awesome. Super tempting, delicious jeera rice. BEAUTIFULLY PRESENTED. 🙂
Thank You Deepa 🙂
Jeera rice - my fav and well made. Neatly clicked pics..
Thank You Jeena 🙂