Khoba Roti is delicious,beautiful flatbread prepared using Wheat flour that can be served for lunch / dinner. I call it Indian Focaccia. Khoba means indentation in hindi. This is thicker and tastier than regular chapati.Traditionally this is prepared in tandoor but I have prepared it using the ordinary tava and it really tastes awesome.
I must say this is one of the best flat bread recipe that I have tried. I have served it with white bean rassa
Preparation time : 30 to 40 minutes
Serves : 6 to 8
Ingredients for Khoba Roti
Wheat Flour - 2 cups
Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
Dried and crushed kassori methi - 1 tsp
Red pepper flakes - 1 tsp
Black pepper powder - ¼ tsp
Salt to taste
Ghee / Butter - 3 ½ tablespoon (Use olive oil / shortening for vegan version)
Warm water - approx ¾ cup
More ghee for topping and cooking the rotis
Steps to prepare Kobha Roti
- Combine all the ingredients mentioned above adding water little by little to form firm dough.
- Divide the dough into equal portions depending on the size you like for kobha rotis.
- Roll the dough into circle. pinch the ends and form indentation uniformly on the roti using fingers.
- Heat the tava/griddle. cook the roti until they turn golden brown on both the sides adding ghee.
- Repeat the steps for remaining dough.
- Kobha Roti is now ready. Top it with some more ghee and serve hot and enjoy.