I received free samples of BLENDABELLA™ mushroom blends to create recipes as entries to a recipe contest, with the possibility of winning cash price sponsored by BLENDABELLA (Giorgio Foods Inc.). All opinions are my own. I am not compensated for this blog post.
Thai Style Deep Dish Pizza is easy to make, flavorful entree where the crust is crisp and perfectly golden brown with a thick layer of fresh mozzarella cheese, coconut thai blend mushrooms, and marinara sauce. Simply one of the best and unique combination ever!
Coming to this deep dish pizza : To get the perfect crust and the best deep dish pizza use a cast-iron skillet. The only difference to this dough from regular pizza dough is addition of corn meal and butter.
Corn meal is what makes the crust more flavorful and gives that crunchiness. Rest all remains the same. But if you are used to making pizza with store bought dough or if you like to stick to your regular pizza dough you can still make this deep dish pizza. It still tastes good. I have tried it both the ways.
When it comes to the filling, the cheese goes directly on top of the crust and then the sauce is spread over it. I like to add a thick layer of fresh mozzarella, followed by thin layer of marinara sauce. Some fresh basil leaves and Parmesan on top. No additional toppings are needed for your deep dish pizza.
Today to take this deep dish to next level I have added a very thick layer of Coconut Thai Blend, which is a blend of diced Portabella mushrooms, vegetables & herbs. This is totally vegetarian friendly and naturally gluten free. I have added ¾ of the jar to my pizza filling as generally I and my family really love a little extra filling in deep dish pizzas.
The pizza was perfectly crisp on the outside, light and airy on the inside. The thick layer of cheese combined with thick layer of coconut thai mushroom blend, hint of marinara sauce is match made in heaven. One of the best and unique pizza combination I have tried so far.
I could have finished off the entire pizza all alone, but you know deep dish pizzas are so filling and my belly was satisfied with 2 pieces.
Only suggestion is wait for at least 10 minutes before you slice the pizza. I know it's hard to wait, but please do wait. I did not 🙂 and that is why you see that the pizza slice at the end is little spread out in the picture !!!
Few best reasons to prepare this pizza : If you have refrigerated or store bought pizza dough, deep dish pizza is ready in less than an hour.
What are you waiting for? Buy a jar of Coconut Thai from BLENDABELLA and prepare this unique and tasty pizza for your family.
Thai Style Deep Dish Pizza
- 1 10-inch Cast Iron Skillet
For the dough
- 1 cup Warm water
- 1 packet Active dry yeast 2 ¼ tsp
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 cups All-purpose flour plus more if needed
- ⅓ cup Corn meal optional, see below
- 3 tablespoon Butter melted
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
For the filling
- ¾ Jar BLENDABELLA Coconut Thai Blend
- 8 oz Fresh Mozzarella grated / shredded
- 1 cup Marinara Sauce
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- 4 leaves Basil leaves for garnish
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan grated for garnish
- 1 tablespoon Butter
Step I - For the dough
- In a large bowl, add warm water and sugar. Sprinkle yeast. Cover it and leave it undisturbed for 10 minutes. Let the yeast activate.1 cup Warm water, 1 packet Active dry yeast, 1 teaspoon Sugar
- Add in salt, corn meal, butter and flour little by little and mix. Transfer the dough to lightly floured surface and knead it nicely for about 5 to 6 minutes till you get a soft, smooth and relatively elastic dough.1 teaspoon Salt, ⅓ cup Corn meal, 3 tablespoon Butter, 2 cups All-purpose flour
- Transfer the dough to bowl coated with olive oil. Cover and keep it in warm place for 1 hour 30 minutes or until doubled in size.1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Once the dough has risen, transfer it to working surface and press it out into round shape. I have used 10 inch cast iron skillet. Stretch the dough 3 or 4 inch bigger than the size of the pan you are using.
- Brush your cast-iron pan with 1 to 2 tablespoon of olive oil. Transfer the dough on to the pan.2 tablespoon Olive oil
- Nicely stretch and pull so that the dough is distributed evenly on the bottom and the sides of the pan. Trim any excess dough. You can make some bread sticks or flatbread pizza using any left over dough.
- Add a very thick layer of fresh mozzarella cheese. Spread a layer of marinara sauce followed by thick layer of BLENDABELLA Coconut Thai blend.¾ Jar BLENDABELLA Coconut Thai Blend, 8 oz Fresh Mozzarella, 1 cup Marinara Sauce
- You can top this with some more mozzarella cheese and fresh Parmesan. Brush the edges with some butter to get nice golden brown color.1 tablespoon Parmesan grated, 1 tablespoon Butter
- Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes or until the crust is golden brown in color. Allow it to cool for about 10 minutes before you slice the pizza.
- Thai Style Deep Dish Pizza is now ready. Garnish with some fresh basil leaves. Serve and enjoy.4 leaves Basil leaves
For more recent updates, follow me on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, GooglePlus.
***Click below to save it on Pinterest***
This mushroom blend looks SO interesting! I love Thai flavors with pizza - I make Rachael Ray's Thai Chicken Pizza fairly often. But I'm loving the idea of using mushrooms with it. YUM!
I am still yet to try a deep dish pizza and I love Thai flavours, so this sounds like the perfect one to try for the first time.
Okay so I’m interested! I never seen mushrooms in a coconut flavored before. The crust looks awesome!
Very creative! Love how you took a classic dish like deep dish pizza and incorporated Thai flavors. Crust looks amazing and this looks so flavorful.
Oh my gosh! This pizza looks amazing! i have to try this on our next pizza night! Very creative on the pizza flavors!