This post is sponsored by BLENDABELLA but the content and opinion expressed here are my own.
Mushroom Stuffed Mini Flatbread is simple, yet so delicious and flavorful flatbread that will be a super hit anywhere you serve them.
BLENDABELLA is a blend of diced Portabella mushrooms, vegetables and herbs! BLENDABELLA products are fresh & flavorful and can transform any recipe into a culinary marvel.
If you are following my blog, you would know my love for mushrooms and how I end up adding them in most of my lunch and dinner recipes 🙂The folks at BLENDABELLA were prompt in sending me their products and following up with me during the process.
Their product comes in three different flavors Zesty Mexican, Coconut Thai, and Rustic Tuscan. I have tasted all 3, and all are unique and tasty in their own way. Sharing my first recipe for appetizer category today. I can only thank them for giving me this opportunity to participate in the challenge because of which I could try this fantastic product.
For more details visit their website here. You can also follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. You can also purchase this product online and I highly encourage my readers to do so as it really tastes amazingly delicious. Click here for more details.
Appetizers are heroes of parties at our home, and since I love mushrooms and flatbreads I always have one or the other as a compulsory menu item. This time I have even made it extra special by combining the two in one single recipe. I have also completely skipped topping the flatbread and given it a whole new look by stuffing it. Plus, these are so good that it can be paired or served as accompaniment with almost any meal. You can make this bread anytime of the week. I have made mini flatbreads as they are easy to serve, easy to eat, and portable. Even kids will love them. This recipe is guaranteed to please the crowd.
The dough is super simple. I have combined all purpose flour and whole wheat flour to prepare a soft and chewy dough. You can use your favorite flatbread dough to prepare this recipe. Even a pizza dough or store bought dough can be used.
For the filling I have used one jar of BLENDABELLA Rustic Tuscan flavor (blend of diced portabella, vegetables, and herbs), crumbled feta cheese and garlic-basil flavored oil. Done. Is it not simple? The stuffing is what takes this flatbread to the whole next level with its unique taste and flavor. You will totally fall in love with this one. If you have any garlic-basil flavored oil left at the end, you may serve it as dipping sauce.
If you ask me why should you prepare this bread, then here you go:🙂
Preparation time : 20 minutes
Rest time : 1 hour
Serves : 16 to 18 mini flatbreads depending on size
Ingredients for Mushroom Stuffed Mini Flatbread
For the dough
Warm water – 1 1/2 cup
Sugar – 1 tsp
Active dry yeast – 1 packet ( 2 1/4 tsp)
All purpose flour – 2 cups
Whole wheat flour – 1 1/2 cup
Salt – 1 1/4 tsp
For Garlic Basil Oil
Garlic cloves – 2
Olive oil – 1/4 cup
Fresh Basil leaves – 10
BLENDABELLA Rustic Tuscan blend – 1 jar
Feta Cheese crumbled – 5 oz
Steps to prepare Mushroom Stuffed Mini Flatbread
- In a large bowl, add warm water and sugar. Sprinkle yeast.
- Cover it and leave it undisturbed for 10 minutes. Let the yeast activate.
- Add salt, all purpose flour and whole wheat flour little by little and mix.
- Transfer the dough to lightly floured surface and knead for 5 to 8 minutes to get smooth elastic dough. Sprinkle flour while kneading if needed.
- Transfer the dough to lightly oiled bowl. Cover and keep it in warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- In a blender or food processor, add in oil, garlic cloves and fresh basil leaves and puree it. Add in pinch of slat if desired.
- Transfer this mixture to bowl and keep it aside.
- Take a small portion (lemon sized ball) from risen dough, lightly coat in all purpose flour and roll it into 6 inch circle.
- Brush the top with garlic basil oil. Sprinkle 2 tsp of BLENDABELLA mixture, 2 tsp of feta cheese.
- Fold edges of the dough over the center and press together to seal so that stuffing is no longer visible.
- Reroll into 6 inch circle again. Repeat the process for remaining dough.
- Heat grill pan or non-stick pan or any cast-iron skillet on medium heat. Brush one side of rolled flatbread with olive oil.
- Place the oil side down on grill pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the grill marks appear . Brush the other side with oil and flip and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Mushroom Stuffed Mini Flatbread is ready. Serve and enjoy!
***Click below to save it on Pinterest***