Chane Saru is a very delicious, healthy and comforting recipe that is prepared using water used to cook the chickpeas. This tastes the best when served with steamed rice. You can even have it as a soup.
In my previous recipe Chane Usli, I had mentioned that you can retain the water used to cook chickpeas so that you can prepare a tasty rasam / soup. This is a very simple and a very flavorful recipe.
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Serves : 2
Ingredients for Chane Saru
Garlic cloves - 12
Red Chili - 2
Vegetable oil - 1 tbsp
Asafoetida / Hing - ¼ tsp
Coriander Leaves - for garnish
Steps to prepare Chane Saru
- Bring the chickpeas water to nice boil. Add salt while boiling if its not added.
- For the tempering : Heat oil in pan. Chop and add the garlic cloves and saute till it becomes golden brown.
- Now add the dry red chili and asafoetida, mix and switch of the flame. Add this tempering to the chickpeas water.
- Chane Saru is ready. Garnish it with coriander leaves, serve hot and enjoy.
- This dish can be prepared only when the dried chickpeas is soaked overnight and cooked.
- You can also add few chickpeas and one potato to this recipe.