Cranberry Jam is an easy to make, delicious recipe that has perfect combination of sweet and tart flavors, prepared using just 4 ingredients in less than 30 minutes.
I love to serve this jam with muffins, pancakes and waffles, bread toast etc. Plus I also like to use it in my tarts and pie recipes. Every time I prepare this jam and serve it as a spread or a topping, I end up licking the spoon! It is so delicious! While you are here please also check out my recipe on Cranberry Frangipane Tart, that makes use of this jam as a key ingredient.
I know its not cranberry season now but to prepare your all time favorite you don't have to wait for any season 🙂 I generally keep a bag of these beauties in my freezer. Last weekend I was actually planning to bake something but then I decided to make cranberry jam so that I can pair it with couple of recipes. Trust me nothing can beat a homemade cranberry jam. There is no high fructose corn syrup plus you don't have to also sacrifice on taste. Apart from being delicious, cranberries are a super food. In disease fighting antioxidants they outrank nearly every fruit and vegetable. Isn't that amazing!
I have used premium frozen cranberries from Cape Cod Select to prepare this gorgeous jam. The premium quality cranberries ensure that the jam has a gorgeous red color, and has a perfect balance of tartness and sweetness. Make sure you prepare a little extra jam because you cannot stop licking it once it's done.
If you are cranberry lover like me then check out some of my favorites :
- Cranberry Pesto Pasta - Prize Winning
- Cranberry Chocolate Barks
- Cranberry Frangipane Tart
- Cranberry Lemonade
- Cranberry Pickle
- Pumpkin Cranberry Cashewnut Bread
- No Bake Granola Bars
Preparation time : 30 minutes
Serves : 2 cups
Ingredients to prepare Cranberry Jam
Frozen Cranberries - 2 ½ cups (I have used Cape Cod Select)
Sugar - ½ cup
Light Brown Sugar - ½ cup
Orange juice - 1 ¼ cup
Water - ¼ cup
Steps to prepare Cranberry Jam
- In a large nonstick pan on medium-high heat add all ingredients listed above and cook for about 10 minutes or until the cranberries start to pop and slowly break apart.
- At this stage, reduce the heat to medium and continue cooking until the jam starts to thicken - about additional 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remember that it will continue to thicken as it cools down. Switch off the flame, and allow it to come to room temperature.
- Cranberry Jam is now ready. The recipe yields about 1 ½ to 2 cups of cranberry jam. It will store well when refrigerated in an air-tight container or mason jar for several weeks.
***Click below to save it on Pinterest***