Cranberry Chicken is a super delicious and easy to make side dish or appetizer recipe with perfect combination of sourness and spiciness that will be a showstopper at your dinner table this Thanksgiving or Christmas. I just love how simple it is to put everything together.
This recipes can also be used for your upcoming tailgating events or footabll party, game nights or potluck, Easter, and holiday parties!
How to serve Cranberry Chicken?
You can serve this alone or with flatbread, rice. You can also mix these bites of cranberry chicken thighs with walnut or pecan to make a delicious salad at your dinner table. Be sure you make plenty because your family and friends will definitely ask for multiple servings 🙂
Ever since we have been in the USA, Thanksgiving has been incomplete without a dish prepared using cranberries.
WHILE YOU ARE HERE FEEL FREE TO CHECK OUT SOME OF THE BEST AND HEALTHY, UNIQUE CRANBERRY RECIPES TO TRY THIS THANKSGIVING AND CHRISTMAS
- Cranberry Pesto Pasta – Readers favorite ( award winning)
- Savory Cranberry Pull Apart Bread – Readers favorite
- Cranberry Lemonade
- Cranberry Frangipane tart
- Cranberry jam
- Chocolate Cranberry Barks
- Cranberry Pickle
- Pumpkin Cranberry Cashewnut Bread
- Cranberry Beer
How to prepare Cranberry Chicken grilled or glazed from scratch
For the Cranberry Chicken recipe, I have used frozen cranberries. First prepare cranberry sauce or paste. In a blender or mixer-grinder, grind frozen cranberries into smooth thick paste. To this, I have added some simple seasonings like garlic powder, onion powder, ginger, red chile powder, curry powder (garam masala powder), fresh cilantro, and salt. You can vary the amount of flavorings as per your family's taste.
Marinate chicken thighs with this flavored cranberry paste or cranberry sauce, c
If you like this, also try other griled or tandoori or kebab-style chicken recipes
Detailed Recipe for Cranberry Chicken
- 1.5 pound Chicken thighs boneless (approx 6 pieces)
- 1 cup Cranberries , frozen
- 1 inch Ginger , finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Curry powder (Garam Masala powder)
- 2 tablespoon Cilantro (Coriander leaves) finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Red chile powder (we love it spicy. Vary as per taste)
- 1.5 teaspoon Salt
Other Ingredients to cook chicken
- Vegetable oil
Step I (Prepare Cranberry Sauce or Cranberry paste)
- In a blender or mixer, add the frozen cranberries with very little water and grind it to a smooth paste.1 cup Cranberries
- To this add, ginger, garlic powder, onion powder, curry powder, red chile powder, cilantro, salt and mix well.1 inch Ginger, 1 teaspoon Garlic powder, 1 teaspoon Onion powder, 1 teaspoon Curry powder, 2 tablespoon Cilantro, 1 tablespoon Red chile powder, 1.5 teaspoon Salt
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces. Add it to the cranberry paste1.5 pound Chicken thighs
- Stir to coat the chicken. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate it for atleast 30 minutes or preferably overnight in the refrigerator.
- Heat cast-iron pan on medium to medium-high heat and grease it with some oil. (If you are using a charcoal grill make sure the coal is white hot. On a gas grill you can use the medium-high to high setting. Also, make sure the grates are clean and apply a coat of vegetable oil so that the chicken does not stick while placed on them.)
- Skewer the chicken pieces onto the bamboo-skewers.
- Grill chicken for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until the chicken is cooked through. Brush some oil onto the chicken mid-way through the cooking process.Vegetable oil
- Cranberry Chicken is now ready. Serve and enjoy.
- Soak the bamboo skewers in water at least 30 minutes before using them.
- This is a spicy version. Vary the amount of chilie powder and spices as per your taste.
- I have used frozen cranberries, fresh ones can also be used.
If you like this orange chicken,
Don't miss to check out Vienna bread that garnered more than a million page views which makes perfect side dish for Thanksgiving dinner. also check out other delicious side dishes recipes that can be served for lunch or dinner.
***Click below to save it on Pinterest***