Green Coconut Chutney is a perfect accompaniment for South Indian breakfast and snack recipes. This can be prepared in less than 5 minutes and is vegan and gluten free.
Call this recipe a garlic chutney, ginger chutney, coriander chutney or coconut chutney. It has got all of these ingredients. This is my favorite among all the chutneys and would love to have it with dosas, pakoras and idlis.
To make it more rich, I have added cashews in my recipe. The combined flavor of all the ingredients makes this chutney flavorful and finger licking.
If you want to prepare this chutney on fasting day, you can skip adding onion and garlic in the recipe. But I would highly recommend you to add all the ingredients specially when serving it with masala dosas and uttapam. It will taste like a restaurant style chutney. Also check out crispy plain dosa recipe
Preparation time : 5 minutes
Serves : 4
Ingredients for Green Coconut Chutney
Coconut grated - ½ cup
Green chilie - 2
Garlic cloves - 2
Onion - ¼ of big onion
Ginger - ½ inch
Cashews broken - 1 tbsp
Coriander leaves - ½ cup
Water - approx ¾ cup
Salt - to taste
Steps to prepare Green Coconut Chutney
- Grind all the ingredients mentioned in the recipe together to form a smooth paste.
- Transfer this to bowl and serve as required. You can refrigerate it up to 3 days but it is best when served fresh..
- Green Chutney is now ready. Serve and enjoy.
- You can use fresh, dry or frozen grated coconut. If using frozen or dry coconut, add warm water while grinding.
- Vary the amount of green chile and garlic in the recipe as per your taste.
- I love to have chutney's with medium thick consistency. Vary the amount of water depending on the consistency you like.