Quick Banana Appe/Paniyaram is instant and easy to make sweet recipe prepared using wheat flour, ripe banana. This appe is very soft and delicious and can be served as evening snack with ghee.
You just need paniyaram pan / appe kayli to do this recipe. If you do not have this feel free to make pancakes with the same batter. Its also called kele goda appo in konkani.
Also check Tempered Paniyaram /Phanna Appo recipe.
Preparation time : 20 minutes
Serves : 4
Ingredients for Quick Banana Appe/Paniyaram
Wheat Flour - 1 cup
Big Ripe Bananas - 2
Brown Sugar - 2 tbsp
Sugar - 1 tsp
Cardamom Powder - ⅛ tsp
Water - 1 cup and little more
Pinch of salt
Pinch of baking soda
Butter/ghee for cooking the appes
Steps to prepare Quick Banana Appe/Paniyaram
- Mash the bananas and mix all the ingredients mentioned to form a smooth batter.
- Heat appe pan and add butter into all the holes. pour the batter on each holes and allow it to cook in medium flame.
- When it is cooked from one side turn and cook on the other side adding little butter till its golden brown on both the sides.
- Repeat the process for remaining batter.
- Quick Banana Appe is ready. Serve hot with ghee and enjoy.
- Depending on the sweetness of the banana vary the amount of sugar.