Quinoa Lentil Salad is healthy and simple salad recipe that is high in protein and is vegan. This is delicious and perfect summer salad that can be served for lunch / dinner.
Preparation time : 30 minutes
Serves : 2
Ingredients for Quinoa Lentil Salad
Traditional Quinoa - ½ cup
Green Lentil - ½ cup
Garlic Salt - 1 ½ tsp
Lemon Juice - 2 tsp
Frozen Sweet Corn - ¼ cup
Red pepper flakes - 1 tsp
Spring onions and Cilantro - for garnish
Steps to prepare Quinoa Lentil Salad
- Cook the quinoa according to the package instructions. (I have used 1 cup of water for ½ cup quinoa and cooked for about 15 minutes till the water is absorbed)
- Pressure cook the green lentil for 2 whistles or add water in pot along with lentil and cook in medium flame for 30 minutes. See that the water is at least half inch above the lentil.
- In bowl add the cooked quinoa, lentil, garlic salt, lemon juice, sweet corn, red pepper flakes and mix well.
- Garnish it with spring onions and coriander leaves.
- Quinoa lentil salad is ready. Serve and enjoy.
- I have prepared oil free salad. You can add 1 tablespoon of olive oil if desired.
- I have used garlic salt coarse ground with parsley. You can chop 2 garlic cloves and saute them in teaspoon of oil till its golden in color and add it to salad along with the regular salt instead.