Spicy Pan Seared Tofu with Kumquat sauce is sour, sweet and spicy(all in one) dish prepared using tofu, kumquat and sauces. I always love trying out new things and when we saw this kumquat I found it very cute, I had never seen it before 🙂 we bought it. But now I really dint no what to do with it.
My husband knew tofu was my favorite and we love spicy food. so he suggested why not do something with tofu and kumquat. It was my husband who prepared this dish :)and let me tell you the dish was excellent. One of the best tofu recipe that I have ever tried. Kumquat was sour, the sauce was spicy and the tofu had developed a awesome flavor.
This has become my favorite dish.. Loved it alot. I could not stop eating it. Do try this out and share your comments
Preparation time : 30 minutes
Serves : 3
Ingredients for Spicy Pan Seared Tofu With Kumquat Sauce
Extra firm Tofu - 8 oz
Lemon Grass chopped - 1 tsp
Kumquat - 6 oz
Onion chopped - 1
Black Pepper powder - ¼ tsp
Ginger grated - 1 tbsp
Garlic cloves - 5
Red chilli flakes - 1 tsp
Tomato Ketchup - 1 tbsp
Soya sauce - 1 tsp
Worcestershire Sauce - 1 tsp
Sriracha Chilli sauce - 1 tsp
Brown sugar - 1 to 2 tsp
Red Chilli powder - ½ tsp
Habanero chopped - 1
Coriander leaves - 5 strands
Salt to taste.
Vegetable Oil - 1 tbsp
Steps to prepare Spicy Pan Seared Tofu With Kumquat Sauce
- Peel the skin of kumquat and keep it aside. retain any juice obtained while peeling.
- Heat oil in large pan. Add tofu, sprinkle salt and fry it till it develops some color on both the sides.
- Now move the tofu to the sides of the pan and add onion, ginger, garlic, black pepper, red chilli flakes, lemon grass and saute till it becomes translucent. I have done it in this way so that tofu develops some flavor during the process.. (If you do not have large pan transfer the tofu to the plate and continue the process)
- Add the soya sauce, worcestershire sauce, sriracha chilli sauce, brown sugar , red chilli powder, habanero and the juice of kumquat if you have obtained any while peeling and mix well.
- Add the kumquat and saute for 5-6 minutes. Add 2 to 3 tablespoon of water if desired to bring the sauce together.
- Spicy Pan seared tofu with kumquat sauce is now ready. Serve it hot and enjoy