Apple tarts using Puff Pastry Sheets are delicious breakfast or dessert item that can be prepared ahead of time or served fresh from the oven in less than 30 minutes. Puff Pastry Sheets are the perfect ingredient for creating truly “Wow worthy” recipes this coming holidays and entertaining your family and friends.
Since apples are in season, I decided to prepare these delicious and easy Apple Tarts this week. The apple filling is really simple, and can be prepared ahead of time and stored in refrigerator for convenient later use. Preparing these tarts at home allows you to be creative in what goes into the filling – compared to their store counterparts. You can add different types of flavorings. This time around, I have kept it simple with classic cinnamon flavored filling. You may also try using other flavors, such as cardamom, pumpkin all spice etc. You may also pair apple with dates, or you can completely substitute them with other seasonal fruits such as ripened plantains, berries, peaches/nectarines, plums etc. To add a little bit of crunch, I have added some roasted nuts while preparing the filling.
Whenever your family has a sweet craving, simply scoop few spoonfuls of the filling on to thawed Puff Pastry Sheets, and bake them to get light, airy, and golden flaky tarts in matter of minutes! The tarts go really well with coffee, but can also be served as a dessert with a scoop of ice-cream.
With the holidays and entertaining season upon us I get several request for menu ideas from my dear audience. So, what better way to respond to these request than with these delicious apple tarts prepared using Puff Pastry Sheets. Try making these Apple Tarts using Puff Pastry Sheets at home, and do not forget to let me know how they turned out.
You can also check out some interesting recipes that I have prepared using these Puff Pastry
Preparation time : 30 minutes
Thaw time : 40 minutes
Ingredients for Apple Tart
Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets – 2 (or 1 box)
Egg – 1
Apples – 3
Butter – 2 tbsp
Brown sugar – 1/2 cup
Salt – pinch
Cinnamon powder – 1 tsp
Roasted nuts – 1/4 cup (optional)
All purpose flour – for dusting
Steps to prepare Apple Tart
- Thaw the Puff Pastry Sheets according to package instructions.
- Peel and chop apples into small cubes.
- In a non-stick pan on medium-high heat, melt butter until light golden brown (about 2 mins).
- To this, add chopped apples, brown sugar and salt, and saute for about 8 mins.
- Then, add cinnamon powder and roasted nuts and saute for another 2 minutes. Remove from heat and allow the apple filling to cool down to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Dust the working surface with some flour and place one thawed Puff Pastry Sheets on it.
- Using a rolling pin, lightly roll the sheets till they are about 1/2 inch longer on each side.
- Then, using a pizza cutter or a kitchen knife divide them into 4 squares.
- Brush all edges of each square portion with egg wash – this gives the baked Puff Pastry apple tart its golden brown color.
- Fill the centers of each square with about 2 spoonfuls of now cooled apple filling prepared in Step I.
- Repeat the above steps for the remaining sheet.
- Transfer each filled square to a parchment lined baking sheet, and bake for about 20 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and crispy.
- Allow them to cool down for few minutes before serving.
- Apple tarts are now ready.These go well by themselves, or can be paired with coffee, or served with whipped cream or scoop of ice cream. Enjoy!
To see the quick steps on how to make these delicious Apple Tart using Puff Pastry Sheets, check the video below:
***Click below to save it on Pinterest***