Bread Pakora / Fritters is a tasty and delicious deep fried snack or finger food prepared in less than 15 minutes. This is vegan & gluten free. This is also a perfect accompaniment for cocktail / mocktail party or any type of gathering.
This is prepared using bread that is at least a day old and chickpea flour. This is also one of the popular street food in India. I have used Potato Bread in my recipe. You can use any bread for this recipe.
Preparation time : 15 minutes
Serves : 4
Ingredients for Bread Pakora / Fritters
Bread slices - 4
Chickpea flour - ½ cup
Green chilli chopped - 1
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Ginger grated - 1 inch
Garam masala powder - ¼ to ½ tsp
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Rice flour - 1 tbsp
Warm water - ⅓ cup
Oil for frying
Steps to prepare Bread Pakora / Fritters
- Cut each bread slice into halves or any desired shape.
- In bowl add all the ingredients mentioned above and mix well adding water little by little to get smooth batter. see that there are no lumps.
- Heat oil in pan for frying. atleast 40 % of pan must be covered with oil.
- Once the oil is hot, dip each bread slice into the batter so that the bread slice is coated well and deep fry in medium flame till it becomes crisp and golden brown in color on both the sides.
- Transfer it into paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
- Repeat the process for remaining bread slice.
- Bread Pakoda/Fritters is now ready. Serve hot with tomato ketchup or any chutney and enjoy.
- See that the oil is not too hot or too cold. If its hot then fritters will become dark brown and if its too cold it will absorb excess oil.
***Click below to save it on Pinterest***