Chilli Coriander Rice is a very easy to make, spicy and flavorful rice recipe prepared using rice, coriander leaves or cilantro, green chillies, sauces and vegetables of your choice and served with honey sriracha sauce.
This recipe can be prepared in 20 minutes and is vegan and gluten free. You can use jasmine rice, basmati rice or left over rice for this recipe and is also one of the best lunch box recipe. I use jasmine rice specially when I prepare rice recipes as my family loves the aroma and the taste of this rice. In this recipe adding vegetables is totally optional. I always add vegetables available in my pantry when I prepare rice recipes.
This rice is so tasty that it can be served alone. To give an additional kick I have prepared a simple honey sriracha sauce, an alternative to tomato ketchup.
Preparation time : 20 minutes
Serves : 3
Ingredients for Chilli Coriander Rice
Rice - 1 cup
Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
Green chilies chopped - 3 to 4
Coriander leaves chopped - 10 strands
Garlic cloves chopped - 5
Ginger grated - 1 inch
Onion chopped - ½
Carrot chopped - 1
Capsicum chopped - ½
Green Beans chopped - 3
Frozen green peas - ¼ cup
Apple cider vinegar - ¾ tsp
Red chile powder - ½ tsp
Soya sauce - 1 ½ tsp
Sriracha chili sauce - 2 tsp
Worcestershire Sauce - 1 ½ tsp*
Olive oil / Vegetable oil - 1 tbsp
Salt - to taste
Steps to prepare Chilli Cooriander Rice
- Wash and cook the rice according to package instructions.
- I have used jasmine rice. For 1 cup of rice, add 1 ½ cup of water, bring it to boil and simmer it for 10 minutes. Add salt and drizzle oil while cooking the rice.
- If you are using left over rice, then ignore step I
- Heat oil in pan. Add turmeric powder, onion, garlic, green chilies and ginger and saute till it becomes translucent. You can add pinch of salt while sauteing the onion.
- Now add all the vegetables along with frozen peas and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add soya sauce, vinegar, worcestershire sauce, sriracha and red chile powder and saute it for 30 seconds.
- Add the finely chopped coriander leaves / cilantro and cooked rice and toss till it is well combined.
- Chilli Coriander Rice is now ready. Serve hot and enjoy.
Honey Sriracha Sauce
- In a small bowl add 2 tablespoon of sriracha sauce and 1 tablespoon of honey and mix well. You can top it with sesame seeds if desired.
- Vary the amount of green chilies and sauce as per your taste.
- You can substitute green chilies with serrano or jalapeno pepper and red chile powder with cayenne or paprika. The taste may vary accordingly
- Use vegetables of your choice.