Dulce De Leche Ice Cream is a rich, creamy, smooth, and an insanely delightful treat with combination of caramel and cream that you should definitely try during this summer! This is probably the best and tastiest way possible to cool down yourself this summer.
***This is not only the best ice cream that I have tried but its also the best of all and my favorite ice cream that I have tried for long period now 🙂 An ice cream to die for!!!***
I just love graeter's and Haagen Dazs Ice creams
I was inspired to try this ice cream at home after I had Haagen-dazs dulce de leche. It's rich and creamy with swirls of caramel. Every single bite is sinfully delicious. I finish off the entire container in no time. I wish it was a little bigger 🙂 We really cannot count the number of containers we have bought so far from both of these brands!!
This summer has really been excruciatingly hot and exhausting! I don't feel like stepping out of the house on most days. All I want is to have cool air blow on my face and a big bowl of ice cream in my hand.
You all know I am huge fan of caramel and so is my family. I really wanted to make lots and lots of ice cream at home and with my current caramel 'fever' I could not think about anything other than trying to make this ice cream at home.
You do not need any ice cream maker to prepare this yummy ice cream plus this is even eggless. Even after placing it in freezer overnight it's creamy and you can even scoop it easily. I have used fresh home made dulce de leche to prepare this ice cream. You can either make at home or buy it in any store.
My Ice Cream Base
You just need 15 minutes of your time and 5 ingredients to prepare this recipe - milk, condensed milk, heavy cream, vanilla extract and dulce de leche. And any ice cream that I prepare I always love to keep my base simple with the first four ingredients and then add any additional flavor to it as desired.
Basically you are first preparing a nice and simple vanilla ice cream to which you swirl golden caramel or dulce de leche. The hardest part is to wait for your ice cream to set. Once that's done just serve it and see how it disappears in matter of seconds 🙂
The end result is a creamy, smooth ice cream with lots and lots of caramel in it. So what are you waiting for? Just make this ice cream right now and let me know your opinions below.
Preparation time : 15 minutes
Set time : 8 hours to overnight
Serves : 4 to 5
Ingredients for Dulce De Leche Ice Cream
Whole milk – ½ cup
Sweetened condensed milk – 1 can (14 oz / 397 g)
Heavy cream – 1 pint (473 ml)
Vanilla extract - 1 ½ tsp
Dulce de leche - 1 can homemade or store bought ( 13.5 oz)
Steps to prepare Dulce De Leche Ice Cream
- In a large bowl, add whole milk, condensed milk, vanilla extract and using hand-held beater mix well.
Detailed recipe for Best & Easy, No Churn Homemade Dulce De Leche Ice Cream
Best & Easy Homemade No Churn Dulce De Leche Ice Cream Recipe
- ½ cup Milk , whole and full fat
- 1 can Sweetened condensed milk (14 oz / 400g)
- 1 pint Heavy cream (473 ml)
- 1 ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 can Dulce de leche (homemade or store-bought) recipe for homemade dulce de leche
- In a large bowl, add whole milk, condensed milk, vanilla extract and using hand-held beater mix well.½ cup Milk, 1 can Sweetened condensed milk, 1 ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract
- In a separate clean bowl, whip heavy cream till it forms firm peaks.1 pint Heavy cream
- Add ⅓ portion of whipped cream to the mixture prepared in Step I and fold gently.
- Repeat the process for remaining whipped cream.
- Transfer this to a loaf pan or ice cream container and set it in the freezer for 1 to 1.5 hours.
- After 1.5 hours, remove the ice cream from the freezer, and add dulce de leche ⅓ amount at a time and gently fold it into the ice cream.1 can Dulce de leche
- Put it back in freezer and let it set for about 3 to 4 hours or overnight.
- Dulce De Leche Ice Cream is now ready. Serve and enjoy.
- For easy whipping, make sure to use cold whipping cream. Using a cold bowl and whisk also helps in speeding things up.
For more recent updates, follow me on Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter
***Click below to save it on Pinterest***
wow! this looks so good. Homemade ice cream is the best, I'm adding to my list of recipes to try soon
Oh my goodness me - well they say we eat with our eyes first but I don't want to just look I need to try this!!
Can this do it in an ice crean maker??
I have not tried but yes, you can. Let me know if you need any further help/