Eggless Dates Cake is a super delicious, soft and moist cake that is perfect tea time snack and is worth try. The nutty flavor of dates with almonds, raisins and cashews is just amazing. This is one cake recipe that I prepare more often.
This cake will disappear in matter of seconds once its ready and served. So do not forget to reserve a piece for you! If you want to learn baking, this is the best cake that you can try out. The color of the cake may vary from what you see here depending on the dates that you have used. But that’s ok because the taste of the cake is just awesome.
Ingredients for Eggless Dates Cake
Dates – 8 oz
Milk – 1 1/2 cup
All purpose flour – 1 1/2 cup
Baking soda – 1 1/2 tsp
Sugar – 1 cup
Melted butter – 4 tbsp (use oil for vegan version)
Almonds chopped – 1 tbsp
Cashews chopped – 1 tbsp
Raisins – 1 tbsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Steps to prepare Eggless Dates Cake
- Grind dates and milk together to form smooth thick paste.
- Transfer this to bowl. Add all purpose flour, salt, sugar, baking soda, melted butter and mix well.
- Now add the chopped almonds, cashews and raisins and mix well. Batter is ready.
- Preheat the oven for 350 degree F. Grease the baking pan with butter.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake for about 30 minutes or till knife inserted comes out clean.
- Let the cake rest for atleast 5 to 10 minutes before inverting it. Let it cool down completely even before you slice it.
- Eggless Dates cake is now ready. Serve and enjoy.
- I have used whole milk and seedless dates in this recipe. You can also reduce the amount of sugar depending on the sweetness of the dates.
- Use any pan of your desired shape.
- You can top the cake with more nuts or frosting of your choice.
- If you are diet conscious then reduce the amount of butter in the recipe. You can also substitute butter with oil.
***Click below to save it on Pinterest***