Honey Sriracha Cauliflower is a sweet and spicy, incredibly delicious and irresistible appetizer or starter that is definitely worth try!
Pan fried cauliflower coated with the tasty sauce and the caramelized onions and garnished with some spring onions and sesame seeds makes this dish a perfect accompaniment for your next cocktail party.
Cauliflower has been my personal favorite vegetable since childhood and luckily its my husbands favorite too. So whenever I have friends or family over for dinner I make sure I prepare at-least one appetizer dish with cauliflower. You can also check out some of the other cauliflower recipes here:
In this recipe, you can even substitute cauliflower with potatoes, tofu, fish or your favorite meat. If you like it sweet vary the amount of honey and if you like it spicy vary the amount of sriracha chili sauce. I generally balance the two. I have also given few substitutions in the tips section.
Preparation time : 30 minutes
Serves : 3
Ingredients for Honey Sriracha Cauliflower
Medium cauliflower - 1
Honey - 1 ½ tbsp
Sriracha chili sauce - 3 tbsp
Soy sauce - 1 tsp
Apple cider vinegar - 1 tsp
Worcestershire sauce - 1 tsp
Onion chopped - 1
Green chilies chopped - 3
Garlic cloves chopped - 2
Spring onion chopped - 2
Sesame seeds - 2 tsp
Salt - to taste
Vegetable oil - 2 tbsp
Water - approx ⅓ cup
Steps to prepare Honey Sriracha Cauliflower
- Separate the cauliflower into florets and nicely wash them.
- Heat a non-stick pan. Drizzle oil. Spread the florets and roast them on a medium flame for about 10 minutes till they develop some color. Transfer this to a plate.
- In the same pan, add oil, onion, garlic, green chillies and saute till onions become translucent. Add salt while sauteing as this will make the onions cook faster.
- In a bowl, add soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, chilli sauce, honey, water and mix well.
- Add the roasted cauliflower and the sauce mix to the sauteed ingredients and stir so that the cauliflower is coated well.
- Turn off the heat and add the chopped spring onions and sesame seeds.
- Honey Sriracha Cauliflower is now ready. Serve hot and enjoy.
- You can use any chilli sauce in the recipe.
- You can also substitute green chillies with jalapeno or serrano pepper. Deseed them if you cannot tolerate the heat.
- Vary the spiciness and sweetness as per your taste.
*I have used a vegan / vegetarian version of Worcestershire sauce. Make sure you check the ingredient list in the sauce before you use it.