Lemon Orzo is a quick, flavorful, delicious pasta recipe that can be served alone or as side with soup for lunch / dinner. I love the texture and aroma of this dish. Whenever we visit Walmart I make sure that I get packet of Orzo. This is also my family's favorite lunch box recipe.
Preparation time : 20 minutes
Serves : 2
Ingredients for Lemon Orzo
Orzo - 1 cup
Olive oil - 1 tbsp
Red pepper flakes - 1 tsp
Garlic cloves chopped - 5
Lemon grass finely chopped - ½ to 1 tsp
Black pepper powder - ½ tsp
Frozen sweet corn - 1 /4 cup
Cilantro/Coriander leaves chopped - 1 tbsp
Tomato chopped - 1
Lemon Juice - 2 tsp
Dried Basil leaves - 1 tsp
Garlic Salt/ Regular Salt to taste
Steps to prepare Lemon Orzo
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions and keep it aside.
- Heat olive oil in non-stick pan. add the red pepper flakes, garlic cloves and lemon grass and saute till garlic becomes light in color.
- Now add the tomato chopped,frozen sweet corn and black pepper powder and saute till tomato becomes soft.
- Add the basil leaves, garlic salt, lemon juice, cilantro and mix well.
- Finally add the cooked orzo and mix till everything is combined.
- Lemon Orzo is now ready. Serve hot and enjoy.