Mexican Flavored Potatoes Au Gratin is a classic, rich, and addictive side dish where thinly sliced potatoes are layered in creamy cheesy sauce and zesty Mexican mushroom blend. Nothing can beat this combination!!
Potatoes smothered in creamy cheese sauce can never go wrong. A combination that is loved by most of us. These ingredients come together easily to create a magical yummy side dish. But have you tried combining it with mushroom blend that is zesty Mexican flavored????
It's like a match made in heaven. It takes the entire dish to the next level making it man of the match for any meal you serve. his dish is worthy to be on any dinner table for special occasions like Thanksgiving, Christmas or large parties.
But, let me tell you the truth. If you want to make your loved ones feel special or you want to treat yourself then definitely prepare this dish. As eating these creamy cheesy goodness filled with potatoes and mushroom blend makes anyone feel special. Overall this recipe is a win for all potato, cheese and mushroom lovers.
The only hard time for you is to wait for 1 hour till the dish is baked to perfection in the oven. Honestly though it's worth the wait and your house is just going to smell amazing as the potatoes bake. Whisk together heavy cream with seasonings of your choice. Grease baking pan with butter. Add a layer of thinly sliced potatoes, edges overlapping, in the greased baking pan.
Top the layer of potatoes with ¼ portion of cream mixture. Spread ⅓ portion of BLENDABELLA mushroom over these potatoes. Follow this with ¼ portion of Cheddar and Parmesan cheeses. Repeat the above process for two more layers. The last or the fourth layer will only consist of remaining potatoes, cream, and cheeses. Finally, dot the top with butter.
Bake this for 55 - 65 mins uncovered, or until a knife pierces easily through the potatoes and you are done. While this dish is in the oven you can make any entree. This dish can be served as side with any meat of your choice. It goes well even with pasta or rice dishes.
Now if you are wondering what is BLENDABELLA all about:
Mexican Flavored Potatoes Au Gratin Recipe
Mexican Flavored Potatoes Au Gratin
- 4 medium Russet potatoes thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese grated
- 1 pint Heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper powder
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne powder
- ¾ teaspoon Salt
- 1 jar BLENDABELLA Zesty Mexican
- 1 tablespoon Coriander leaves finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch by 9-inch pan using 1 tablespoon of butter.2 tablespoon Butter
- In a bowl add heavy whipping cream, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper powder, cayenne powder, and mix.1 pint Heavy cream, 1 teaspoon Garlic powder, 1 teaspoon Onion powder, ½ teaspoon Black pepper powder, ¾ teaspoon Salt, ¼ teaspoon Cayenne powder
- Add a layer of thinly sliced potatoes, edges overlapping, into the greased baking pan. Top it with ¼ portion of cream mixture. Spread ⅓ portion of Blendabella mushroom over these potatoes. Follow this with ¼ portion of Cheddar and Parmesan cheeses. Repeat the above process for two more layers.1 cup Parmesan cheese, 1 cup Cheddar cheese, 1 jar BLENDABELLA Zesty Mexican, 4 medium Russet potatoes
- The fourth, or the topmost, layer will only consist of potatoes, cream, and cheeses. Finally, dot the top with remaining 1 tablespoon of butter.2 tablespoon Butter
- Bake this for 55 to 65 mins uncovered, or until a knife pierces easily through the potatoes.
- Remove from the oven and rest it for 10 minutes.
- Mexican Flavored Potatoes Au Gratin is ready. Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves and serve.1 tablespoon Coriander leaves
***Click below to save it on Pinterest***