This post is sponsored by Barilla Brand but the content and opinion expressed here are my own.
Pasta With Spicy Marinara and Chickpeas is a very delicious and flavorful, must try recipe prepared using Barilla's spicy marinara sauce, three cheese sauce, spaghetti pasta, and chickpeas as the main ingredients.
Adding veggies to this pasta is totally optional. I always have a exhaustive stock of different varieties of pasta, pasta sauces, canned beans and vegetables as they come in handy to prepare a quick meal at any time during the day.
In this recipe I used Barilla Spicy Marinara as the pasta sauce. This pasta sauce is super delicious with the combined flavor of tomatoes, peppers and herbs! Everyone in my family enjoyed this pasta dish with a big smile on their face.
Preparation time : 25 minutes
Serves : 2
Ingredients for Pasta with Spicy Marinara and Chickpeas
Pasta - 70 g ( I have used barilla's Spaghetti pasta)
Marinara sauce - ½ cup
Three cheese sauce - ¼ cup
Onion chopped - ½
Garlic cloves - 2
Green chilie / Jalapeno - 1
Mushroom chopped - 2 oz
Capsicum chopped lengthwise - ¼
Green Peas - ⅓ cup (frozen / fresh)
Broccoli - 4 florets
Carrot chopped lengthwise - ¼
Chickpeas - 16 oz ( 1 can)
Mozzarella cheese - ½ cup
Salt - taste
Olive oil - to drizzle
Vegetable Oil - 1 tbsp
Sriracha chili sauce - 1 teaspoon (optional)
Worcestershire sauce - 1 teaspoon (optional)
Steps to prepare Pasta With Spicy Marinara And Chickpeas
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions adding little salt and drain them. Keep this aside.
- Meanwhile drain the water from the canned chickpeas. Use half of them in the pasta recipe and deep fry the other half in oil till it becomes crisp. This can be served as side along with pasta.
- Heat oil in non-stick pan. Add onion, garlic, green chilie / jalapeno and saute till it becomes translucent.
- Now add the remaining veggies of your choice, chickpeas and saute them till its cooked.
- Add spicy marinara sauce, three cheese sauce, sriracha and worcestershire sauce, mix well and bring it to boil on a medium flame till all the flavors are well combined.
- Add in the cooked pasta and toss till its well coated in the sauce.
- Garnish it with mozzarella cheese.
- Pasta With Spicy Marinara and Chickpeas is now ready. Drizzle olive oil just before you serve. Serve hot with side of crispy chickpeas and enjoy.
- You can substitute 3 cheese sauce with alfredo sauce if desired.
- If you want it more spicy, add red chile powder or cayenne powder while adding sauce.