Pumpkin Semolina Pancake or dosa is a vegan, quick and easy, delicious pancake recipe that is worth try. This is another perfect way to enjoy the flavor of pumpkin this fall season.
This pancake requires no fermentation and is ready in 10 minutes. Yeah 🙂 I really love instant pancakes, they are quick and tasty . This can be served alone or with honey or peanut butter. I have topped with coconut flakes and added little sugar to this recipe that enhances the taste. I love pancakes when cooked with butter. But for a vegan version, use coconut oil / vegetable oil.
I hope you guys enjoyed this pumpkin series. Do share your opinion and have a great weekend!
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Serves : 5 to 6 pancakes
Ingredients for Pumpkin Semolina Pancakes
Grated Pumpkin – 1 cup
Semolina / Sooji rava – 1 1/2 cup
Grated coconut ( fresh / dry ) – 1/4 cup + little more for topping
Sugar – 2 tsp
Salt – to taste
Water – 3/4 cup
Vegetable oil / Coconut oil – for cooking pancakes ( Non-vegan can use butter for cooking pancakes)
Steps to prepare Pumpkin Semolina Pancakes
- Heat non-stick pan / tava for cooking the pancakes.
- In a bowl add all the ingredients mentioned to form a batter. This batter should be thick and not runny.
- Once the pan is hot, add laddle full of batter and spread it evenly with your fingers to form medium thick dosa. ( If you find this difficult then feel free to cook mini pancakes)
- Drizzle butter / oil around the pancakes. cover it with lid and cook in medium flame.
- Once its starts becoming golden brown flip, drizzle some more butter / oil and cook on the other sides till its roasted and golden brown in color.
- Repeat the process for remaining batter.
- Pumpkin Semolina Pancakes is now ready. Serve hot and enjoy.
- If you want it to make it golden brown then add more butter / oil.
- If you like more sweet, then vary the amount of sugar as per your taste.
Also check other pumpkin recipes :
- pumpkin peanut butter cupcakes
- pumpkin yellow lentil curry
- pumpkin pancake
- pumpkin idli / pumpkin savory cake
- pumpkin in coconut gravy
- pumpkin chocolate swirl cake bread
- mixed vegetables in coconut milk.