Banana Bread is soft, moist, flavorful and sweet bread recipe which is very easy to make and will be loved by people of all age group. This is one of the quickest bread that you can make. I have added nuts and raisins in my recipe which gives additional taste to the bread. The aroma that gets filled while baking this bread is just amazing.
Preparation time : 1 hour 10 minutes
Serves: 1 loaf
Ingredients for Banana Bread
Unsalted Butter at room temperature - 1 stick / 8 tbsp
Sugar - ¾ cup
Egg - 2
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Baking soda - 1 tsp
Cinnamon powder - ½ tsp
Vanilla Extract - ½ tsp
Salt - 1 tsp
All purpose flour / Maida - 2 cups
Ripe Bananas - 4
Whole Milk - ¼ cup
Dry fruits - ⅔ cup (I have used chopped raisins, almonds, cashews)
Butter - 1 tbsp
Steps to prepare Banana Bread
- Preheat the oven for 350 degree F.
- In small pan, add butter and chopped nuts and saute for about 2 minutes on medium flame. Switch off the flame.
- In bowl of an electric mixer fitted with paddle, cream the butter and sugar. Add the egg and whisk it.
- Add the baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon powder, salt, vanilla extract, milk and mix.
- Now add the mashed bananas, all purpose flour, chopped nuts and raisins and mix until everything comes together. Do not over mix.
- Transfer the batter to a greased loaf pan that has been lined up with parchment paper.
- Bake it for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until done. Allow it to cool for 10 minutes.
- Banana Bread is now ready. Serve and enjoy.
- You can place an aluminium foil at 50 minute mark to prevent the top from developing dark color.
- Over ripe bananas are the best.
How much butter to be added for the recepie in cup measurements. Pl give details.
1/2 cup or 8 tablespoon Shirley
Mhhh... I'm gonna try it now. It looks yummy.
Thank you dear 🙂 I am sure you will love this 🙂
Perfectly done. Love banana bread with nuts and fruits must be awesome
Yeah it was. Thank you Anita 🙂
this is an all time favorite of mine
looks really moist and yum
Thank you dear 🙂