Avocado Flatbread or Chapati is a super soft and delicious, easy to make, healthy and simple, oil free vegan bread recipe prepared using only 6 ingredients in less than 30 minutes. This is a 100 % whole wheat flatbread.
For those who are new to Avocado, let me tell you - this fruit is really very unique. It tastes incredibly delicious and is also considered as a super food. Avocado has very rich flavor with thick and buttery, creamy texture.
The simplest way to enjoy Avocado is sprinkling it with salt and pepper. Another best way is to spread it on bread toast.
What are the health benefits of avocado fruit?
Avocados are rich in vitamin C, E, K and B-6 as well as magnesium and potassium. These are highly nutritious and has more potassium than bananas. They are loaded with full of fiber, healthy mono saturated fatty acids. If you are trying to loose weight you should have this fruit.
How many calories are in whole Avocado?
1 Avocado has approximately 200 calories.
What do you eat or serve with Avocado Flatbread, Chapati or Paratha?
Today I have served it with GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP. Recipe will be soon on the blog!! Any dish or curry tastes great with this flatbread. You can even serve this to your kids with their favorite jam or syrup. Some of my favorite accompaniments are
- Grilled meats like Tikka and kebabs
- Mushroom in Garlic Cream Sauce
- Butter Chicken
- Chana Masala (chole or chickpeas curry)
- Chicken Tikka
- Paneer Tikka Masala (Tofu Tikka Masala)
- Spicy Garlic mushrooms – popular on blog
- Mushroom Butter masala – popular on blog
- Tandoori Gobi (Oven Roasted Cauliflower)
- Palak Paneer
Avocado Bread is also a great lunch box recipe, or even for potlucks, picnics as this chapati or paratha remains soft even after few hours.
Ingredients for Avocado Flatbread
1 Avocado peeled and pitted
1 teaspoon Lemon juice
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Garam masala or Curry powder
3 tablespoon Cilantro finely chopped
1 ⅓ cup Wheat flour
Water only if require
How to make Avocado Flatbread or Avocado Paratha or Aoocado Chapati
To prepare Avocado flatbread, make sure the avocados are ripe. I have not added any water while making the dough as the oil in the avocados where sufficient to form the dough.
Avocado Flatbread is prepared using whole wheat flour, few spices. You can even use all purpose flour or 1:1 ratio of all purpose flour (maida) and wheat flour (atta). The taste and texture may vary accordingly.
This bread recipe is super simple. To this recipe, I have added only garam masla and cilantro. You can add spices like cumin powder, coriander powder, garlic powder if you want it masaledar. Also feel free to add fresh ginger or green chilies (jalapeno or serrano).
SOME OF MY FAVORITE, BEST AND EASY, POPULAR FLATBREAD RECIPES
- Garlic Naan
- Pita Bread
- Thai roti bread – popular on blog
- Rumali Roti
- Tava Naan
- 12 Vegan flatbread recipes
- Amritsari kulcha
- Corn Flour Bread
- Oats Chapati
- Garlic Cheese Naan
Vegan Avocado Flatbread Recipe | Avocado Paratha (Chapati)
- 1 Tawa or Skillet
- 1 Avocado, ripe, peel and pitted
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder or Curry Powder
- 3 tablespoon Cilantro or Coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 ⅓ cup Wheat flour
- Water, only if required
- Oil, optional (to cook flatbread)
- In a large bowl, mash the avocado. See that there are no chunks and its very smooth. Add lemon juice, salt, garam masala powder, cilantro and mix well.1 Avocado, ripe, peel and pitted, 1 teaspoon Lemon juice, 1 teaspoon Salt, 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder or Curry Powder, 3 tablespoon Cilantro or Coriander leaves finely chopped
- Now add flour little by little and mix well. Depending on how big and ripe avocado is, the flour amount may vary.1 ⅓ cup Wheat flour
- Add splash of water only if you see that the dough is dry. Knead this to form soft and smooth dough.Water, only if required
- Cover it and keep it aside for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Dust the working surface. Depending on the size of flatbread you prefer divide the dough into equal portions. I have divided them into 8 equal portions.
- Using rolling pin, roll each portion to circle or oval shape of even thickness (about 2 to 3mm)
- Heat skillet or tava on medium high heat.Oil, optional (to cook flatbread)
- Once the skillet is hot, place the rolled flatbread. When you see the bubbles on top and bottom becomes light golden brown in color, apply oil or butter and flip it and cook for few seconds.
- Apply oil on the surface and flip again. Cook by slightly pressing with spatula.
- Transfer this to serving plate. repeat it for remaining flatbread.
- Avocado Flatbread is ready. Serve and enjoy! I have served this with garlic butter shrimp
- Feel free to add spices like cumin powder, coriander powder, garlic powder if you want it masaledar.
- You can even add 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger or/and green chilies (jalapeno or serrano) to the dough.
***Click below to save it on Pinterest***