Pad Ga Prao (Pad Ga Prow) is a spicy, quick and easy to make, flavorful Thai dish that tastes the best when served with steamed rice. The recipe is vegan and gluten free.
Traditionally holy basil is used in the recipe and the dish is topped with fried egg. I have prepared this dish using my favorite tofu. You can always substitute with your favorite meat or veggies of your choice.
Preparation time : 20 minutes
Serves : 3
Ingredients for Pad Ga Prow
Tofu / Paneer - 14 oz
Capsicum chopped - ½
Mushroom chopped - 4 oz
Carrot chopped - 1
Frozen green peas - ¼ cup
Frozen sweet corn - ¼ cup
Bean sprouts - ¼ cup
Fresh Basil leaves - ¼ to ½ cup or Dried basil leaves - 1 tbsp
Thai small green chilies - 2 to 3 (vary for desired spiciness)
Ginger grated - 1 inch
Garlic cloves - 5
Sriracha hot chili sauce - 1 tbsp
Soya sauce - 1 tsp
Red chile powder - 1 teaspoon (optional)
Brown sugar - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
Vegetable oil - 1 ½ tbsp
Steps to prepare Pad Ga Prao
- Cut the tofu's into desired shape.
- Heat oil in non - stick pan. Place the tofu and shallow fry them adding little salt till they develop some color.
- Transfer this to a plate and keep it aside.
- Using mortar and pestle nicely crush the garlic cloves and green chilies.
- In the same non stick pan, add the crushed garlic and green chillies, grated ginger and saute till it becomes brown on a high heat.
- Add the carrot, capsicum, mushroom, green peas, sweet corn and saute them till they are cooked. you can use any vegetables of your choice.
- Add sriracha chilli sauce, soya sauce, brown sugar, red chile powder and mix well and cook for a minute.
- Add water for desired consistency, salt to taste, shallow fried tofu, basil leaves and cook until all the flavors are well combined.
- Pad Ga Prao is now ready. Serve hot with steamed rice and enjoy.
- Vary the amount of green chilies and sauces as per your taste.
- Use any vegetables of your choice.
***Click below to save it on Pinterest***