Peach Mango Halwa is very quick and easy, delicious, flavorful sweet / dessert recipe prepared using peaches, mango, dry fruits and butter.
On the occasion of Krishna Jansmastami, I have prepared this special halwa. We offer fruits, dry fruits and butter/ghee to god on this special day and I have mixed all of this in one single recipe 🙂 I wish you all a very happy janmastami and great weekend!
Do give this a try. I am sure you will crave for more and more. From my personal experience, I feel peaches when cooked tastes even better.
Preparation time : 30 minutes
Serves : 4
Ingredients for Peach Mango Halwa
Peaches - 4
Mango - 1 ½ cup
Almonds chopped - 1 ½ tbsp
Cashews chopped - 1 ½ tbsp
Raisins - ½ tbsp
Sugar - ⅔ cup
Butter - 6 tbsp
Cardamom powder - ¼ tsp
Steps to prepare Peach Mango Halwa
- Peel and chop the peaches into small chunks. I have used frozen mangoes. If you are using the fresh mangoes then peel and chop them.
- Blend 1 peach and ½ cup of mango to form smooth paste.
- Melt the butter in non-stick pan. Add the almonds, cashews and saute till they become light golden in color.
- Now add the raisins, chopped peaches and mango, sugar, smooth paste, cardamom powder and keep on stirring frequently in medium flame for about 20 to 30 minutes. You will notice that the butter separates and the halwa starts changing the color to golden brown. Switch off the flame.
- Transfer this to serving bowl. Garnish it with chopped almonds and cashews.
- Peach Mango Halwa is ready. Serve and enjoy.
- Vary the amount of sugar depending on the sweetness of the fruit.
- You can also grease the plate with butter and spread the halwa evenly when it is done. Leave it aside to set completely and then cut them into desired shape.