This post is sponsored by JSL Foods Brand but the content and opinion expressed here are my own.
Black Pepper Stir Fried Noodles is a quick and easy, spicy and delicious noodles recipe that you must not miss to try!
I love trying out new varieties of food and recently while browsing, I decided to participate in a blogger recipe challenge from JSL Foods. The challenge required me to prepare a recipe using one of their launch products. I am glad that I was selected to participate in this challenge. The folks at JSL were prompt is sending me their products and following up with me during the process. It has been a pleasure!
As you may all know by now, my family loves spicy food. Therefore I choose to use JSL's hot and spicy yakisoba noodles for the recipe challenge. These noodles come precooked, and thus you can prepare any dish with it in no time. Perfect solution for anyone with busy schedules or even as a quick midnight snack. These noodles come with a packet of seasoning which by itself is very flavorful. I didn't want to skip anything that comes with this packet, but in order to make the noodles a little extra special with very little effort I prepared a black pepper sauce. I used few splashes of this sauce while sauteing tofu, and used the remaining as a seasoning while stir frying the noodles. The final outcome was a super hit! It was not only spicy, tasty and super easy to put together, but I had to prepare it again for dinner on demand. Depending on the spice-level you can tolerate vary the amount of black pepper, seasoning and chili sauce in the recipe.
If you want to learn more about them this super cool product visit JSL Foods or follow them on facebook or twitter. These products are available in stores like Target, Safeway. And do not forget to wish me good luck you guys!
Preparation time : 20 minutes
Serves : 4
Ingredients for Black Pepper Stir Fried Noodles
Fortune Yakisoba Hot and Spicy Noodles - 2 packets
Extra firm Tofu / Paneer cut into cubes - 6 oz
Mushroom chopped - 5
Onion chopped - ½
Garlic cloves chopped - 3
Ginger chopped - ½ inch
Peanuts chopped - for garnish
Spring onion chopped - for garnish
Vegetable oil - 1 ½ tbsp
Salt - to taste
For the sauce :
Black Peppercorns - ½ tbsp
Soy Sauce - 2 tbsp
Worcestershire sauce - 2 tbsp
Chilli sauce - 1 tablespoon (optional)
Apple cider vinegar - 1 tbsp
Sugar - 2 tsp
All purpose flour - 2 tsp
Water - 1 cup
Steps to prepare Black Pepper Stir Fried Noodles
Step I (Prepare the sauce)
- Using a mortar and pestle, crush the black peppercorns to smooth powder.
- To this powder, add all the other sauce ingredients mentioned, the two seasoning packets that comes with the noodles and whisk. You can adjust the seasoning as desired. The sauce is now ready.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add tofu and stir fry gently for 5 minutes till it develops some color on all sides.
- Now drizzle some sauce prepared from step I and toss so that they are coated. Transfer this to a plate.
- In the same pan, add onion, garlic and ginger and saute till they becomes translucent.
- Add the chopped mushrooms and saute till mushroom is cooked.
- To this add the noodles, sauce, sauteed tofu and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes
- Garnish it with spring onions and chopped peanuts.
- Black Pepper Stir Fried Noodles in now ready. Serve and enjoy.
- I have prepared a spicy version. Adjust black pepper, seasoning and chilli sauce as desired.
- You can substitute tofu with shrimp, babycorn or even your favorite meat.
- Use any vegetables of your choice.
- You can also use sesame seeds for garnish.