Garlic Rice Noodles is a delicious combination of rice and noodles tossed in roasted garlic, vegetables of your choice and sauces. This is similar to Indo-chinese Triple Schezwan fried rice or noodles and is one of my favorite entree or main course.
Garlic rice noodles can be prepared in less than 30 minutes. This would be a great accompaniment for your next get together, kitty party, potluck or game night. It would also be a great recipe for your kids lunch box.
Ingredients for Garlic Rice Noodles (Triple Rice Noodles)
150 g Noodles
1 cup Rice
1 Onion finely chopped
10 Garlic cloves finely chopped
4 Spring onions finely chopped, more for garnish
¼ cup Beans chopped
¼ cup Frozen Green peas
2 tablespoon Soy sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon Vinegar
1 teaspoon Brown sugar
1 ½ tablespoon Butter
1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
Salt, to taste
Pepper powder, to taste
Red pepper flakes, to taste
2 tablespoon Cilantro or Coriander leaves chopped
How to make garlic rice noodles
The recipe below is super simple. The aroma and the taste of the roasted garlic combined with sauces, rice and noodles makes it finger licking good. To get that typical restaurant flavor, prepare this dish on high flame except for roasting garlic.
My lil one loves this dish a lot. I have not made it spicy or added any chili sauce specially for him. Also, I have added only those veggies that are available in my pantry. To make it more nutritious you can add veggies like carrot, cabbage, capsicum (bell peppers), celery.
To make it more spicy by adding green chilies and crushed red chili after sauteing garlic cloves in oil as per your taste. You can even use tomato ketchup or tomato sauce if you are adding additional chilies to balance and enhance the flavor.
Non vegetarians feel free to add egg, chicken, pork or shrimp to the recipe.
Can I make this Garlic Rice Noodles vegan?
To make this rice noodles vegan, you can simply substitute butter with vegan butter or cooking oil.
What type of noodles and rice goes well for this dish?
I have used hakka noodles for the recipe. You can use noodles of your choice or even use spaghetti or angel hair pasta. For rice, I have used jasmine rice. Feel free to use any long grain rice, basmati rice, jeera rice or even chinese rice.
Is this similar to burnt garlic fried rice or noodles?
The recipe is exactly the same for both. The amount of garlic that is fried is what matters. If you want to make burnt garlic rice noodles, then stir fry garlic little extra till it's burnt, that it turns brown from golden.
How to make Sinangag or Filipino Garlic Fried Rice or Noodles?
In the recipe below skip all the sauces and vegetables. Just roast the garlic chopped in oil till its golden brown. Remove the garlic cloves leaving oil in the pan.
Now add the cooked rice or noodles, spread it on the pan and continue to cook on medium flame for 3 to 5 minutes. Toss it again and cook for another 3 minutes and you are done. Garnish it with roasted garlic. Feel free to garnish it with pepper powder and cilantro or scallions (green onions, spring onions)
Here are some of my favorite Indo Chinese Recipes
- honey chilli potatoes,
- soya or tofu manchurian
- schezwan sauce - you can actually toss this sauce to the recipe below to make it a triple schezwan fried rice or noodles.
- Indo chinese fried rice, veg fried rice or vegetable fried rice
- honey chilli tofu or paneer
- chilli coriander rice
- deep fried spring rolls
Garlic Rice Noodles | Best Vegetarian Rice Noodles
- 1 Wide pan
- 150 g Noodles, uncooked (I have used hakka noodles, use any of your choice)
- 1 cup Rice, uncooked (Any rice of your choice. I have used jasmine rice)
- 10 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 4 Spring onions finely chopped, plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup Green beans finely chopped
- ¼ cup Frozen green peas
- 2 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Brown sugar or regular sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoon Butter or vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- Salt , to taste
- Pepper powder, to taste
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2 tablespoon Cilantro or coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Cook the rice and noodles separately according to package instructions and keep it aside. Make sure you add some salt while cooking rice and noodles.150 g Noodles, uncooked, 1 cup Rice, uncooked
- Add oil and butter to large pan and on medium heat cook garlic till it turns light golden in color.10 Garlic cloves, finely chopped, 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil, 1 ½ tablespoon Butter or vegan butter
- Add the onions, spring onions and saute on medium high flame till it becomes translucent.1 Onion, finely chopped, 4 Spring onions finely chopped, plus more for garnish
- Add beans, frozen peas and saute just till its cooked through.¼ cup Green beans finely chopped, ¼ cup Frozen green peas
- Add soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, sugar, pepper powder, pepper flakes, salt to taste and mix.2 tablespoon Soy sauce, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon Vinegar, 1 teaspoon Brown sugar or regular sugar, Salt , to taste, Pepper powder, to taste, Red pepper flakes, to taste, 2 tablespoon Cilantro or coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Finally add the cooked rice and noodles and toss till combined on high flame. Garnish it with some more spring onions and cilantro.
- Garlic rice noodles is ready. Serve and enjoy.
- To get that typical restaurant taste and flavor, make this entire dish on high flame except for roasting garlic.
- I have used hakka noodles and jasmine rice. Use noodles and rice of your choice you can even use spaghetti or angel hair for noodles.
- Vary the amount of sauce as per your taste.
- For spiciness you can add green chilie or jalapeno or crushed red chilies if desired.
- You can also add any veggies, meat of your choice along with beans and peas if desired.
- Substitute butter with oil or vegan butter to make it vegan noodles.
***Click below to save it on Pinterest***