Boiled Corn With Cajun Seasoning is one of the easiest and tastiest way to prepare fresh corn and enjoy your weekend. I love the sweetness of the corn combined with the spiciness of the seasoning in this recipe.
Sweetcorn is great source of vitamins and minerals and is loved by people of all age groups. I remember my college days where we were preparing boiled corn with different flavors.
Today I am sharing very simple yet so yummy recipe that can be either pressure cooked or boiled. The total amount of time it takes to cook depends on how fresh the corn is.
Preparation time : 20 minutes
Serves : 4 sweet corn
Ingredients for Boiled Corn With Cajun Seasoning
Sweet Corn - 4
Cajun Seasoning - 1 ½ tbsp
Garlic salt - 1 ½ tsp
Red pepper flakes - ½ tsp
Cayenne / Red chilli powder - ½ teaspoon (optional)
Steps to prepare Boiled Corn With Cajun Seasoning
- Just before cooking, remove the husks and silk and cut the corn into halves or 3 pieces.
- Drop the corn in pressure cooker and add enough water so that corn is covered with water.
- Add cajun seasoning, garlic salt, red pepper flakes, cayenne, salt to taste and mix well.
- Pressure cook for 2 whistles. Place the cooker inside the sink and run cold water over the top side of the lid until all the pressure is released.
- Add water in pan and bring it to nice boil.
- Now drop the corn and the cajun seasoning, salt, red pepper flakes and cayenne and mix well.
- Cover the pan and bring it to nice boil again. Switch off the flame and keep the pan covered for at least 5 minutes.
The exact amount of time required for cooking depends on the type of the corn. The fresh corn may require lesser time and the older one may take longer time.
- Vary the amount of cajun seasoning as per your taste.
- You can also brush the corn with butter just before serving if desired.