For vegans, substitute honey with agave or brown sugar and whole milk with soy milk or almond milk. You can never go wrong with the recipe below.
I always love to try a new bread recipe every week. Last week I prepared a flat bread using oats and wheat (you can check the recipe here ) which was not only healthy but also quick and easy to make, and incredibly tasty. So I decided why not use oats and make a bread loaf. When I bake bread, I love to give it a little sweetness so that I can serve it alone and will not need any butter or prepare any side dish again. So I added honey in the recipe, which not only gave a beautiful golden crust to the loaf but also a right amount of sweetness.
I am sure this bread will be loved by people of all age group. Do not forget to top the bread with honey and rolled oats. This will enhance the taste. Do try this recipe below and share your variations and comments.
While you are here also check out some of my other favorite honey and oats recipe
- Honey butter rolls
- Honey sriracha tofu
- Oats chapati
- No bake granola bars
- Brown bread
- Crunchy granola
Preparation time : 3 hours
Serves : 1 loaf
Ingredients for Honey Oat Bread
Warm Milk - ¾ cup
Warm Water - ½ cup
Active dry yeast - 1 packet (2 ¼ tsp)
Sugar - 1 tsp
Vegetable oil - 2 tbsp
Honey / Agave Nectar - ¼ cup + 2 tbsp
Instant Oats - 1 cup
All purpose flour - 2 ½ cup + 2 tbsp
Salt - 1 ½ tsp
Old fashioned rolled oats - 2 tbsp
Steps to prepare Honey Oat Bread
- In a bowl, add warm milk, water and sugar, and mix well.
- Sprinkle yeast. Cover it and keep it undisturbed for 5 to 10 minutes till the yeast activates.
- Add vegetable oil, salt, ¼ cup of honey and mix well.
- Now add all purpose flour and instant oats and stir using a wooden spoon until it comes together to form a dough.
- Dust the working surface. Transfer the dough and knead it for at least 6 minutes to form a soft and smooth dough.
- Place this dough in a lightly oiled bowl. Cover it and keep it in a warm place for about 1 hour or until it has doubled in size.
- Shape the dough into a loaf and transfer it to lightly greased loaf pan.
- Cover it with warm towel or plastic wrap and allow it to rise for about 1 hour or until it has doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Place an oven safe bowl filled with water on the bottom rack. This is done to get good amount of moisture in the oven, which helps to give the bread a nice crust.
- Warm 2 tablespoon of honey in microwave for 10 - 15 seconds.
- Brush the top of the risen loaf with honey and sprinkle some old fashioned rolled oats on top.
- Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes until it is nice golden brown in color.
- Allow it to cool down completely even before you slice.
- Honey Oat Bread is ready. Serve and enjoy.
- You may have to increase or decrease the amount of flour in the recipe based on the weather conditions.
- During winter, for warmer temperature preheat the oven to 150 degree F, switch off the oven, and then rest the dough.
***Click below to save it on Pinterest***