Peach Pie is a beautiful two crust pie with delicious peach filling prepared using fresh peaches and simple ingredients. I love peach in any form and this pie is really hard to resist. You can't just stop eating it. This is one of the best recipe that you can try out with fresh peaches. This can be served alone or even with vanilla ice cream.
If you love peach recipes, try our quick and easy peach fritters, simple peach and cream, healthy peach salsa, and the famous peach upside-down cake recipes.
Preparation time : 1 hour 45 minutes
Serves : one 9 inch peach pie
Ingredients for Peach Pie
Fresh peaches - 3 pounds
Pie crust - 2
White sugar - 1 cup
Salt - small pinch
All purpose flour - 2 tbsp
Corn starch - 1 tbsp
Cardamom powder - ¼ tsp
Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
Butter - 2 tbsp
Milk - 1 tbsp
Steps to prepare Peach Pie
- Peel and slice the peaches. In a bowl, add ½ cup of sugar and the sliced peaches and mix. Let this sit for about 20 to 30 minutes
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- Strain the juices accumulated at the bottom of the bowl into a pan, and bring it to nice boil. Cook for about 5 minutes on a medium-high flame till syrup is formed.
- In a small bowl add corn starch, flour, sugar and mix well.
- Add cardamom powder, salt, vanilla extract into the peaches and mix.
- Now add the flour mixture into the peaches and toss it so that it is coated. Then add the peach syrup to it and stir.
- Grease a 9 inch pie plate with butter. Roll one pie crust and place it in the pie plate.
- Next, pour the peach filling into pie crust and dot with butter.
- Roll the second pie crust on a floured working surface and cut them into ten 1-inch strips using a knife.
- Lay the strips over top of the pie and weave them to form a lattice crust. For a rustic feel I haven't trimmed the edges. If you prefer a pie with clean edges, then tuck the strips under the bottom crust and crimp the edges of the crust.
- Brush the lattice top with milk and bake in a preheated oven until the crust develops a beautiful golden brown color and the peach is bubbling through the lattice openings for about 1 hour 10 minutes. Mine took a little over an hour.
- Peach Pie is now ready. Slice when cold and serve. Enjoy!
Hi Kushi, I have not had a peach pie in ages and it is one of my favorites, love this recipe. Bepie!autiful looking
Thank you Cheri 🙂
Oh, oh, oh, Speechless I am for the right reasons. Truly tempting.
Thank you Nava 🙂
Treat and Trick
Gorgeous pie! I want a big slice right away..
Thank you dear 🙂
Lovely peach pie...Wonderful looking and drooling...
Thank you Jeena 🙂