Peach Upside Down Cake is delicious, super moist cake with full of flavor. Peaches are my favorite fruit and love them in any form. The caramel peach topping on the cake is so good that you can't stop eating it.Its worth try. This is one of the easiest cake to prepare at home and we do it more often.
Also check Pineapple Upside down cake
Preparation time : 1 hour
Serves : one 9 inch cake
Ingredients for Peach Upside Down Cake
For the topping
Butter – ⅓ cup
Brown sugar – ¾ cup
Fresh Peaches - 3
Lemon juice - ½ teaspoon to 1 tsp
For the cake batter
Brown Butter / Ghee - ⅓ cup
Cardamom powder – ⅛ tsp
All Purpose Flour – 1 ½ cup
Baking Powder – 2 tsp
White Sugar – ⅓ cup
Salt – ½ tsp
Egg – 1
Cold Milk – ½ cup
Steps to prepare Peach Upside Down Cake
- Peel and slice the peaches.
- Melt ⅓rd cup of butter in 9 inch pan. add the brown sugar, lemon juice and stir till it dissolves and comes to gentle boil.Switch off the flame and arrange the peach slices over this melted brown sugar.
- Preheat the oven for 400 degree F.
- In bowl add flour, cardamom powder, brown butter, baking powder, sugar, salt and whisk till combined.
- Whisk in egg and milk until everything is just combined.
- Pour this batter over the peach slices and spread evenly so that it is covered.
- Bake this for about 30 minutes or till its done.(that is insert knife/toothpick at the center and if it comes out clean it means cake is done)
- Allow it to cool for 5 minutes. Run the buttered knife through the edge of the cake before you flip.Place the serving plate upside down over the baking pan and turn the plate and pan over so that the beautiful caramelized peaches are on top.
- Peach Upside Down Cake is now ready. Serve warm and enjoy.
- For brown butter : Melt the butter in low flame till it turns brown and you get nice aroma. this should be done in 5 to 6 minutes. let it cool down for 5 minutes.
- You can also substitute brown butter with melted butter for the batter.