Spicy Sriracha Chicken Wings are hot, crispy, and mouth watering appetizer with a little hint of sweetness from the honey making it a great accompaniment for your next game day party or other occasions. If your friends and family love spicy food then you must definitely give these wings a try!
As you all know I am a recent convert to non-vegetarian 🙂 I only eat chicken and fish, and that too occasionally – when its spicy or crispy or both! But that does not stop me from preparing non-vegetarian dishes whenever my family has a craving for it. Of the plethora of chicken recipes I have tried I admit that I love chicken wings, and the spicy sriracha chicken wing recipe below is by far my favorite and the best that I have prepared so far. The wings have a perfect balance of sweetness, spiciness, and crispiness. All you have to do is take a pile of napkin and start nibbling 🙂 I bet you can’t stop by eating just one!
I generally marinate the chicken wings overnight. This will enhance the taste. Dredge the chicken (dry-wet-dry method) to get a crispy and crunchy texture outside. I have tried both deep fried and baked chicken wings. We love the fried ones over the baked ones 🙂 But if you like the healthier version then bake-away and you won’t be disappointed.
Apart from spicy sriracha wings, I also prepare KFC style chicken wings and tenders, as well as spicy garlic and tandoori chicken wings. I will soon share the recipe for the same. What is your favorite sauce or recipe for chicken wings? Leave a comment below and I would definitely love to give it a try.
Preparation time : 30 minutes
Serves : 6 chicken wings
Ingredients for Spicy Sriracha Chicken Wings
Chicken wings – 6 pieces
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
Cayenne powder / Red chile powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste
Turmeric powder – pinch
For coating and dredging:
All purpose flour – 3/4 cup
Garlic powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Cayenne powder – 1/2 tsp
Egg – 1
For the sauce: (vary the sweet and spice level as per your taste)
Hot sauce – 3 tbsp ( Frank’s, Burman’s or any brand of your choice)
Sriracha sauce – 3 tbsp
Honey – 1 tbsp
Vegetable oil – for frying
Roasted peanuts – for garnish
Cilantro – for garnish
Steps to prepare Spicy Sriracha Chicken Wings
- Marinate the chicken with the ingredients given in the marination list.
- Keep it in refrigerator for at least 1-2 hours. preferably overnight.
Step II (dry-wet-dry method)
- Whisk the egg and keep it aside.
- In a plastic cover / ziploc bag, add in the flour, garlic powder, salt, cayenne powder.
- Add the marinated chicken wings to the flour mixture and give this a nice mix so that the flour gets distributed on the wings equally.
- Keep the left over flour aside and use it for next coating. You can also use fresh flour or bread crumbs here if required.
- Coat each of these wings in the egg and then coat again in the flour.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan for frying.
- Once the oil is hot, drop chicken wings in batches and fry on medium to medium high flame till they are crispy and golden brown in color. Do not overcrowd the pan.
- Transfer this to paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients mentioned for the sauce. Vary the sweetness and spiciness as per your taste.
- Add fried chicken wings to this sauce and toss till the sauce evenly coats the wings.
- Spicy Sriracha Chicken Wings are now ready. Serve and enjoy.
- For the second coat, use bread crumbs instead of flour if desired.
- To check if the oil is hot enough, drop a small piece of wings and check if it sizzles and comes up.
- Vary all the spices as per your taste.
***Click below to save it on Pinterest***