Aloo Rasedar is a quick and easy to make, delicious recipe prepared using potatoes, tomato and aromatic spices in less than 20 minutes. A vegan and gluten free dish that is worth try!
This is no onion no garlic recipe and can be prepared during fasting days. This dish is perfect accompaniment for any dosa recipes or Indian breads (Puri , Naan) and can be served even with rice.
I love to prepare dishes with potatoes as it is my family's favorite. This is one of the most frequent item in my kitchen. You can make this dish tangy or spicy or combination of both based on what you like.
Preparation time : 20 minutes
Serves : 3 - 4
Ingredients for Aloo Rasedar
Potatoes - 3
Cumin seed - 1 tsp
Bay leaf - 1
Cashews - 1 tbsp
Green chilies - 2
Ginger grated - 1 inch
Asafoetida / Hing - ¼ tsp
Turmeric powder - ½ tsp
Garam masala powder - ½ tsp
Red chile powder - 1 tsp
Amchur powder - ¼ tsp
Tomatoes chopped - 1 big or 2 small
Salt - to taste
Vegetable oil - 1 tbsp
Coriander leaves - for garnish
Steps to prepare Aloo Rasedar
- Peel the skin of potatoes, cut them into cubes and microwave for 5 minutes or pressure cook the potatoes.
- Lightly mash the cooked potatoes and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in pan. Add bay leaves, cumin seeds and cashews and saute till cashews turns light brown in color.
- Add ginger, green chilies and tomato and saute till tomato becomes soft.
- Add turmeric powder, red chile powder, garam masala powder, amchur powder and hing and mix well.
- Now add the mashed potatoes, water for desired consistency and salt and bring it to nice boil.
- Aloo Rasedar is now ready. Garnish it with coriander leaves. Serve hot and enjoy.
- Vary the spices as per your taste.
- The consistency of this dish is medium. Not too thick or too thin.