Coriander Almond Chutney or Dip is a very easy to make, flavorful and appetizing recipe that uses coriander leaves or cilantro and almonds as main ingredients and takes less than 5 minutes to prepare.
This dip is vegan and gluten free. It is a very good accompaniment for patties and kebabs, South Indian breakfast recipes and can also be used as spread for sandwich or as a dip for chips, veggies and nachos.
I love adding nuts like almonds or cashews to my dip or chutney as it makes the chutney rich and gives it a nice consistency. The sweetness and creaminess of the almond, combined with tanginess of lemon juice, spiciness of peppercorns and green chilies and the aroma of the coriander leaves makes this chutney irresistible. All in one single bowl 🙂
I love experimenting with varieties of chutney as they are always simple and easy to make and you can vary the ingredient amounts as per your taste. Today I have served this dip with Fat-free spinach broccoli patties. Make sure you try both these recipes and let me know how it turned out.
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Serves : 4
Ingredients for Coriander Almond Chutney
Coriander leaves - ½ cup
Almonds - 15
Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
Black peppercorns - ¼ tsp
Green chilies - 2
Salt - to taste
Steps to prepare Coriander Almond Chutney
- Grind all the ingredients mentioned in the list above adding little water to form a thick smooth paste.
- Transfer this to a bowl, add salt and mix well. Garnish it with sliced almonds if desired.
- Coriander Almond Chutney is now ready. Serve with Fat-free spinach broccoli patties and enjoy.
- You can substitute green chilies with jalapeno or serrano peppers. Taste may vary accordingly.
- Vary the amount of green chilies and peppercorns as per your taste.
- I have used raw almonds in the recipe. You can even add soaked almonds if desired.