Green Beans Fries are cripsy, salty, delicious and melt in mouth appetizer or starter that can be prepared in less than 20 minutes.
Are you tired of having french fries? Or do you want make something special for dinner? Then try out this recipe. Turn the green beans into irresistibly tasty fries and I am sure this will be on your to do list for the next cocktail / mocktail party.
You can also oven bake these ones if you want to avoid frying. It will turn cripsy both the ways. Add in any spices and herbs of your choice to this recipe.
Preparation time : 20 minutes
Serves : 3
Ingredients for Green Beans Fries
Saltines / Crackers - 8 nos
Garlic salt - ¾ tsp
Cayenne powder / Chile powder - ¾ tsp
Egg - 1
Oil - for frying
Green beans - ¾ lb or 340 g
Steps to prepare Green Beans Fries
- In a food chopper, finely grind the crackers and transfer it to a bowl.
- Add garlic salt and cayenne powder, and mix well.
- In a separate bowl beat an egg until light and fluffy.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Trim the ends of green beans. Wash the beans and drain well.
- Dip each beans in egg, and then coat the beans with ground cracker mix.
- Fry the beans in hot oil for about 5 to 7 minutes or until the crust develops a golden color.
- Drain the fries onto tissue paper to absorb any excess oil.
- Repeat the process for remaining beans.
- Green Beans Fries is now ready. Serve the fries warm, along with some ketchup and enjoy.
- You can also use bread crumbs instead of crackers.
- See that the oil is not too hot or too cold. If its too hot then the fries will turn dark brown very quickly, and if its too cold it will absorb excess oil.
- To check if the oil is hot, just drop a little piece of the cracker mix and check if it sizzles and comes up.
- Do not overcrowd the pan.